Copter-4.5.0-beta3 released!

Copter-4.5.0-beta3 has been released for beta testing and can be installed using Mission Planner or QGC’s “beta firmwares” links. Alternatively it can be directly downloaded from firmware.ardupilot.org.

The changes vs -beta2 can be seen in the ReleaseNotes and they’re also copied below.

1. Board specific changes
  • added PixFlamingo F7 board
  • support ICM42688 on BlitzF745AIO
  • fixed IMU orientation of CubeRedSecondary
  • enable all FPV features on SpeedyBeeF405WING
  1. System level changes
  • improved robustness of CRSF parser
  • reduced memory used by DDS/ROS2
  • added filesystem crc32 binding in lua scripting
  • support visual odometry quality metric and added autoswitching lua script
  • allow for expansion of fence storage to microSD for larger pologon fences
  • allow FTP upload of fence and rally points
  • fixed vehicle type of ship simulation for ship landing
  • make severity level depend on generator error level in IE 2400 generator
  • speed up initial GPS probe by using SERIALn_BAUD first
  • allow NanoRadar radar and proximity sensor to share the CAN bus
  • added MR72 CAN proximity sensor
  • only produce *_with_bl.hex not *.hex in builds if bootloader available
  • fixed check for GPS antenna separation in moving baseline yaw
  • added GPS_DRV_OPTIONS options for fully parsing RTCMv3 stream
  • fixed logging of RTCM fragments in GPS driver
  • fixed video recording while armed
  • robostness and logging improvements for ExternalAHRS
  • fixed RPM from bdshot on boards with IOMCU
  • fixed accel cal simple to remove unused IMUs
  1. Copter specific changes
  • check fence breaches more often on copter for smaller overrun
  • improved copter follow mode at close distances
  • fixed default for FLTD for yaw
  • fixed reset_target_and_rate method in attitude control

In terms of when will the 4.5.0 stable version be released, we still have a few issues to overcome so there will certainly be at least one more beta. Still, we’re getting there and any and all feedback helps us get there sooner!

5 Likes

And fixes bdshot ESC telemetry on boards with IOMCU htat are not using dshot on the main channels

6 Likes

I’m having issues reading the settings from a Lumenier Elite Pro 4in1 60A ESC using BLH passthrough. It always returns ESC#1 UNKNOWN, while the others work fine. I tested my ESC spares too but I got the same result. I’m using a CubeOrangePlus with Dshot600 enabled running the latest Copter-4.5-beta3 FW.

CubeOrange has known issues on AUX1 with BLHeli passthru, try using a different AUX channel

2 Likes

Yes, regarding @andyp1per’s comment on the CubeOrange AUX1 issue, it’s mentioned here on the AP wiki. Of course we don’t expect every person to read every line in the wiki but just for future reference.

1 Like

The wiki description is slightly wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Flying 4.5Beta2 on an X8 and Orange Cube H7 using DShot and DShot working great! However, having problems with log files on the SD card being overwritten/replaced (i.e arm, fly a sortie, disarm, after starting with an empty SD card, and log file 01 is created, but when power down, replace battery, power up, arm, fly another sortie, disarm, and then go to retrieve the second log file, its numbered 01, and there is only one file. Perhaps I have a setting wrong, but I haven’t experienced this issue before moving over to 4.5 Beta2. Am I missing something, or could this be a bug. Yesterday completed several flights without the issue (i.e. multiple log files created), but intermittently suffered the same problem.

1 Like

Seems strange, I’m not sure what would cause that apart from a bad SD card

Some FPV fun with trad-heli:

Cool to finally have RRPM on the OSD !

5 Likes

@ericcorban,

Thanks very much for the report.

We’ve found an issue in just the last day or two that could cause log file corruption so we will likely release -beta4 this week and hopefully then you’ll find the issue goes away (but please tell us either way).

@rmackay9 , hi. What about @tridge -GPS-EKF?
Is planinig to implement it into beta?