Can i update APM 2.8 's firmware throught telemetry?

After i got my APM 2.8 the Micro USB socket was broken i can’t connect is anymore even the tracks in the board are destroyed so i’m connected to it through telemetry and i want to know if i can update any firmware through the telemetry or not

Sorry you can’t update over the telemetry. What about an external USB port? That will work.

Thanks, Grant.

It can be done with an external usb ftdi using the telemetry port. But you have to short a pin from the mega 2560 to make it think usb is connected

ground pin 23 its usb mode and for telemetry i just connect 5v to it.

I had to do this once when I fried the 32u chip

1 Like

Great thank you so much

I didn’t know that George - very cool.

Thanks, Grant.

1 Like

Hi guys,

i want to try this on my old apm2.5 arduflyer clone board that is stuck on a very old rover firmware.

Can someone tell me what i need to do to flash an apm2 over the telemetry port ?
I tried pin 23 with a jumperwire but then the board will not come up.

Cheers
Linus

im not sure if the 2.0 is wired different to the 2.5

sorry my fault. its an 2.5 arduflyer from rctimer.

You might have to use the uart0 pads along he edge of the board rather than the telemetry port it’s self, I can’t remember it was years ago I done it.

ok will try agai. thanks for your answer!
Cheers
Linus

Sorry for bringing up a rather old topic but I’d like to try this trick to recover an old APM 2.5 board. Just to make sure I understand it properly, I have to solder wires over the board as indicated by the red lines in the picture, correct?