Advance Fail safe Parachute

Greetings all,

I want to deploy the parachute in two cases, one during landing or other failsafe, especially i wanted to do the geographic fence. Is this possible.

I was looking for information but could not find anything.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Parachute

Hi @captain_bad,

It looks like we don’t support deploying the parachute as part of a Fence failsafe action.

I would have though that our “Advanced Failsafe Features” (see custom build server’s Other section) would support this but they don’t either.

If you wanted to add enhancement request to our issues list it’s possible that a developer might implement it. Another alternative is a Lua script although we shockingly do not have a parachute binding in our list of bindings which means a Lua script can’t directly trigger a parachute.

Anyway, surely we can do something… let’s start with an enhancement request…

Deploying a parachute may not be possible directly but triggering a motor emergency stop (without disarming) should tick all the boxes needed for the automatic parachute deployment, right?

I don’t think so. Not directly at least, after killing motors UAV will have to either lose attitude control (30° error for +1second cumulative) or exceed vertical velocity limit threshold (CHUTE_CRT_SINK) for 1 second to trigger parachute.

Unless it is a stupid competition rule (then it is on organizers) triggering a parachute is the second worst way of dealing with a fence breach, right after straight flight termination. It should be triggered only on altitude or attitude control loss as then it is less dangerous than whatever was happening. Fence breach should be remedied by flying back manually or automatically.