Yet another post about GPS: No Fix

Dear all,

I am a beginner in all RC stuff, so please forgive me if im being dumb.

Problem
I just purchased the whole 3DR APM 2.6 kit, together with the Lea6 GPS + MAG module.
The problem that i faced is the GPS: no fix issue. The APM 2.6 led flashes blue. However, for the Lea6, there is no flashing of the blue led while the red led is solid red.

My resolution
I have also tried to test the Lea6 through the terminal i.e. (CLI>>test>>GPS), it returned with ublox ok then followed with some weird characters. A screenshot is attached fyi.

On the other hand, I have “re” flashed the lea6 firmware through the APM2.6. However, this does not solve my problem.

could the lea 6 module be faulty or just incorrect setup?
any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

How long did you wait for the fix? After being moved over a great distance, like being shipped from 3DR to a customer, GPS receivers need some time to get a first fix.
Where were you testing? Indoors? Outdoors?
Which location?
Did you check space weather information? The sun is in an activity-high which means, strong solar storms can hit the satellites and mess with them. There even was Aurora Borealis in London not too long ago…!

I’m sorry that the screenshot is missing, please check it here:
output from terminal:

I would put the GPS by the window and switch on your favourite TV show. It will take a while in the city find its first lock. Once it has leave it at least 15 minutes looking at the sky to update the GPS almanac