Yellow Flashing

Hello,
I updated my Pixhawk to the 2.77 and now I get a flashing yellow “main indicator” light. If I revert back to 2.76, it’s green again. All cables, computer and settings remained the same. I tried twice with the same result. Please advise. In both cases, the “musical” boot tone is the same, however, in the boot up light sequence there is a brief yellow before the flashing red/blue, then is goes to the flashing yellow instead of green.
Thank you,
Steven

[quote=“Steven G”]I updated my Pixhawk to the 2.77 and now I get a flashing yellow “main indicator” light. If I revert back to 2.76, it’s green again. All cables, computer and settings remained the same. I tried twice with the same result. Please advise. In both cases, the “musical” boot tone is the same, however, in the boot up light sequence there is a brief yellow before the flashing red/blue, then is goes to the flashing yellow instead of green.
[/quote]
It depends how slowly it is flashing. If it is a 1Hz flash then it probably is loss of RC signal. If it is a faster flash then it is a notification of pre-arm checks failing.
Unfortunately the notification of pre-arm checks is a bug - it looks like I forgot to reset that flag in AP_Notify in the APM:Plane code, so you will always end up with flashing yellow once everything else is OK, even if pre-arm checks pass. Sorry! I’ll get this fixed up soon. It is harmless apart from the display of the LED colour, so you can still fly fine with the yellow LED.
That also reminds me that we need a wiki page that explains all the various flashing sequences and what they mean for the plane code.
Cheers, Tridge

[quote=“tridge”][quote=“Steven G”]I updated my Pixhawk to the 2.77 and now I get a flashing yellow “main indicator” light. If I revert back to 2.76, it’s green again. All cables, computer and settings remained the same. I tried twice with the same result. Please advise. In both cases, the “musical” boot tone is the same, however, in the boot up light sequence there is a brief yellow before the flashing red/blue, then is goes to the flashing yellow instead of green.
[/quote]
It depends how slowly it is flashing. If it is a 1Hz flash then it probably is loss of RC signal. If it is a faster flash then it is a notification of pre-arm checks failing.
Unfortunately the notification of pre-arm checks is a bug - it looks like I forgot to reset that flag in AP_Notify in the APM:Plane code, so you will always end up with flashing yellow once everything else is OK, even if pre-arm checks pass. Sorry! I’ll get this fixed up soon. It is harmless apart from the display of the LED colour, so you can still fly fine with the yellow LED.
That also reminds me that we need a wiki page that explains all the various flashing sequences and what they mean for the plane code.
Cheers, Tridge[/quote]
Hey Tridge,
Thanks as always for you generous time input to this project, it is very much appreciated.
I get the fast flashes, two quick flashes and a pause. I double checked all the Arming Param and they are disabled. Look forward to the next release.
Yes, I think the boot up sequence and final light meanings, along with audibles, would be very helpful indeed. There are pieces here and there but no complete, one source, look up. It would also be nice to include the meaning, including flashing or not, of the small Pixhawk lights.
I also had an RSSI implementation question when you get a moment.
Best,
Steven

I’ve now pushed a fix for the LED flashing in plane to git master. Can you try the ‘latest’ firmware from firmware.diydrones.com and make sure it looks good to you?
I’ve also added a wiki page on the LED meanings to the plane wiki.

sure, what was the question?
Cheers, Tridge

I can confirm that the fix work for me. We have green light! Thank you Tridge!