Servers by jDrones

Writeing a python script for arduplane take off

(Brian Duvall) #1

I have been looking at Peter barkers code found in this link:

Peter, So I am wondering if I am thinking about this right. It looks like you are creating a list of commands and saving them in the cmds variable. You then upload them via “cmds.upload()”. By doing this when you put the plane in AUTO mode it should take off, fly to a way point, then loiter. Is this right?

I am kinda stuck on getting the plane to actually take off or move for that matter. I am using the sim_vehicle.py. I attached the code I pulled from your page.
Takeing_off_Plane.zip

(peterbarker) #2

Peter, So I am wondering if I am thinking about this right. It looks like you are creating a list of commands and saving them in the cmds variable. You
then upload them via “cmds.upload()”. By doing this when you put the plane in AUTO mode it should take off, fly to a way point, then loiter. Is this
right?

That’s correct.

I am kinda stuck on getting the plane to actually take off or move for that matter. I am using the sim_vehicle.py. I attached the code I pulled from your
page.

sim_vehicle.py is an interactive program which bolts an ArduPilot
simulation together with MAVProxy - it’s not usually assocated with
scripting, 'though it shares a lot of infrastructure with dronekit-python,
and even more with the autotest suite.

What are you trying to accomplish?

(Brian Duvall) #3

My goal is to have plane fly in the sitl to a couple of waypoints like the simple go to example