Wobbling helicopter!

Back to start-up discussion.
In your answer, do you use the left stick all the way down when opening channel 8 with the switch–or is your transmitter setup with left stick spring centered? If centered, that would explain your flight idle with helicopter hovering.
I have the stick used like a throttle, no spring centering. I do not expect flight rpm and collective to make for a lift-off until I bring the stick up to near centered position.
Perhaps then, Arducopter only allows slow spooling up if the motor is activated on switching on channel 8 and not by raising the stick?

Still, no motor startup. I get a long and loud beep from the PX4 as soon as I arm the system. But, no messages in main window? If a parameter setting problem, previous .bin might show something. thanks Ed

No, it works like this. I don’t use any sort of goofy spring-centered collective.

https://youtu.be/iWNwTxIo1es

Excellent video. Good demo. You appear to be flying with FPV?
Spring centered left stick is fine for quads only.

Works now. The delay setup meant that I had to waait 10+ seconds before the motor would spool up. I like the way it works now. Just like video. Collective and RPM are very smooth00000118.BIN (865.9 KB)
. After lift off there is wobbling. Please see .bin.

I have reset thrcrv and collcrv per your info. I have servo6 at min 1000pwm.
No messages. ESC checked OK. Spool-up set 10 seconds.
Will send a .bin.

By the way, the JCZK helicopters, both the G450l pod/boom and the beautiful scale Schweitzer 300 use the Radiolink AT9S transmitter. The autopilot is ArduCopter. HERE is the important fact for you and ArduCopter help. The left stick is spring centered like a multi copper and the transmitter setup uses multicopter mode— to avoid mixing. When asking for help, I doubt an owner would know that this matters and is just wrong for a traditional helicopter.
Ed

Hi Chris, With all your inputs, I finally have a nice flying helicopter–at least in hovering. Had a long hover this morning with many turns and climbs. It was wobbling a slight bit, I reduced the VFF from .15 to .14 with good result.
I want to reduce pitch and roll sensitivity–like having positive expo. What would I adjust?
It is ready for position hold?
00000127.BIN (874.1 KB)

Ed, it looks like it could a be a bit over-reacting on both pitch and roll, so you can try turning down the VFF another notch. You can adjust those individually so if want different “feel” and response on one axis vs the other, you can.

The vibration looks well under control. So I would try Alt Hold first and see how it holds altitude. If that works, then try Pos Hold and see what it does.

Chris, It flies. Pix by my lady. We tried alt and pos hold. Worked. Could be more precise on alt and GPS pos. Ed

Very nice for a 1990 Kyosho, EP Concept helicopter with flybarless hub, brushless inrunner Astro motor and, of course, LiPo batteries. Thanks for the marvelous ArduCopter help from Chris. Ed