Wiring APM 2.5 from PDB re:JP1

Im powering APM 2.5 Arducopter using the power module.Do I now connect the PDB Black/red wire to output side?Do I leave the JP1 in place?Remove? My guess is leave JP1 in place no red/black wire because the entire board powered with JP1.Wanted to be 100% sure it would seem PDB supplies 12v from lipo and that would be bad.right?

@para9111,
This section of the Arducopter Wiki will help you with powering the APM: copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … -overview/
Regards,
TCIII Admin

Ive read that entire section 5 times I understand how the board works.I understand what the JP1 does.I understand it shares a common ground around the board.But it doesn’t speak directly to whether you should leave that connector PDB Board +/_ wire unplugged.Ive read in another forum/ post that the connector should be attached regardless but Im questioning that hence I wanted confirmation.

as well the link “Using the 3DR Power Module” is a Dead link the information is probably in that section but its been removed for some reason.

@para9111,
If you are using the Power Module, then you need to pull the J1 jumper and power the APM servo output bus with a BEC whether it is in one of the ESCs or is stand alone. The PM cannot power the APM servo output bus by itself. You can use a stand alone BEC to power the ESCs or use one of the BECs in an attached ESC. When using the BEC in one of the ESCs you should pull the red power wire on the other ESC connectors, but leave the white control wire and black ground wire so that the APM can control those ESCs.
Regards,
TCIII Admin

OK I have one esc connected (ESC#1) through the PDB on the PDB Board.The signal wires are all connected through the provided ribbon to Output.The PDB has a black/red wire it connects to the output side with all the signal wires connected.The JP1 gets pulled as you say.The red/black wire should be connected to output 1 which is the connected ESC.Does this sound correct.