Waypoint Acceleration Limits

Hello,
I want to finish the waypoint mission as fast as possible. The first thing I’m looking for is to disable 5 m/s2 limit in WPNAV_ACCEL parameter. Or can I just set WPNAV_ACCEL like 15 m/s2 or something? It says it has a range of 50-500 cm/s2 in the full parameters list but can I just pass the 500 limit and set it like 1500?

You can set it to whatever you like, the hard limit in the code is 1G ie 980 cm/s2.

Hi,

Now I see.
In AC_PosControl.h:
#define POSCONTROL_ACCEL_XY_MAX 980.0f

Will changing this work? I’m just asking, 9.8m/s2 is already enough but I want to know :grinning:

Btw, this acceleration value is valid in braking too, right? Or do I need to change LOIT_BRK_ACCEL or something?

Thanks.

Sort of, there are also angle limits and such that will stop you going past 45 deg.

Yeah its both acceleration and braking.

Do you mean PSC_ANGLE_MAX and ANGLE_MAX or is there something else I should see in the code?

Both, there are hard limits in the code at 45 also a soft limit based on remaining throttle. You get much past 55 and the altitude controller starts to break.

What about WPNAV_SPEED? Wiki says 20 m/s max, can I just write 30 m/s in parameters list or is there a limitation in the code?

I’m familiar with buiding the code btw that won’t be a problem.

Hi Pete, I couldn’t see any bank angle limitations in the code for copter (4.1.0-dev). Can you tell me how is the limit applied?

1 Like

So I can increase that limit by %50 by changing 100.0f to 150.f at the end of line 848, is that right? Just asking for reference.

sure, obviously there will be a true vehicle limitation there somewhere if you increase it past that bad things will start to happen.