WatchDog Reset Hard Fault on CUAV-X7+

Continuing the discussion from WatchDog Reset Hard Fault on CUAV-X7+:

Hello everyone we are currently facing watchdog reset problem in CUAV-X7+ based on ardupilot 4.0.4
we included the board support for CUAV-X7+ to our firmware. But recently in a drone, between mid flight a watchdog reset occur, and we are unable to find the root cause of it, as per the logs we are getting its a hard fault. please look into these log file.
2022-06-07 13-33-15.bin (278 KB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ChL_qI5si4cPXdTPQs7jfIOuwXLbCeNl/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

There are important fixes in ArcuCopter 4.0.7. Do you have a good reason to ignore them?
Please update to ArduCopter 4.2.1 and re-test.

:smiling_face_with_tear:with this firmware I have taken more than 150+ flights, this is first time I encounter the watchdog reset problem, I am just trying to find the valid reason of it. Please help me into this to understand the reason behind the watchdog or how to debug this problem, I will port to the latest ArduCopter soon.

I can feel you bro :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I also encountered this problem,4.0.5

Strange… all people that seam to have this problem have outdated FW … what could be the problem? … is there a pattern here??? :wink:

I have over 100 flights on a CUAV-X7 with ArduCopter 4.1.5
The very first link provided in this post is dead.

The takeoff started well and the plane restarted at 5 meters
2022-06-10 14-34-54.zip (635.5 KB)

1 Like

2022-06-10 14-36-30.bin (862 KB)

1 Like

@amilcarlucas So there is any specific way to generate watchdog due to HARDFAULT for debugging purpose :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

@ItsSaket The very first link provided in this post is dead.

So far I have never seen the problem, so I do not know how to trigger it.

@rmackay9 have you ever seen this on ArduCopter 4.2.1?

1 Like

I am experiencing this issue on a mroControlZeroF7 with FW 4.2.0. After reboot the following message is printed out:

WDG: T0 SL0 FL217 FT3 FA200220F0 FTP180 FLR20022FD8 FICSR4466691 MM0 MC0 IE0 IEC0 TN:Ardu

For some reasons this happens every time that I switch to Land mode

Does it still happen after you update to ArduCopter 4.3.5 ?

In the end was my bad, the real cause was an unchecked nullptr on some modifications of the code that I made.
No issues were encountered in both 4.3.5 and 4.2.0 then.

@ItsSaket If you update to AP4.34, you will be able to locate faults faster.