Vibration logging in 4.1.0.dev

I’m fighting with a F450 frame running 4.1.0.dev on a Matek-F405-Std. I know I have some vibration issues and I’m going to have to work on the FC mounting.

How is clipping reported in 4.1.0.dev? There is only one Clip, not clip1,2,3 like in previous versions. I know my vibrations need to be fixed, but even with vibrations under 30 for Z and 20 for X&Y, the Clip count is still going up.

And for the record 3D printed TPU FC mounts don’t work in sub 0c temperatures. (I wasn’t really expecting it to, but I’m just putting it out there for anyone else who may try)

Cliping in 4.1.0 did not change AFAIK. If it reports cliping you should reduce vibrations.
If an older version does not report a problem it does not mean that the problem is not there.

Clipping reports on the vibration for each IMU present - so if Clip2 and Clip3 are not present then IMUs 2 and 3 are not present - at least that’s the way I understand it.

EDIT: In doco it lists just 1 IMU “ICM20602 IMU on STD version, MPU6000 on CTR version”

4.0.5: (F405-CTR)

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 6.32.31 PM

4.1.0.dev: (F405-STD)

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 6.33.13 PM

So is the change maybe in the way the log files are recorded?

You could try upgrading the F405-CTR to the same Dev version and see if the logging changes then.
Or maybe it’s dependant on the different IMU hardware in each flight controller??

That board suffered (among other things) a well meaning shot of conformal coating across the barometer. It’s been relegated to other projects now, far away from Ardupilot.

Matek H743, 2 IMU’s with AC 4.1.0-dev
2 IMU's

Kakute F7 Mini, 1 IMU with AC 4.1.0-dev
1 IMU

Omnibus F4 Nano, 1 IMU with AP 4.1.0-dev
AP 1imu

1 Like

Let me see if I’ve got it:

4.1.0.dev : Clip is only shown once per IMU.

4.0.x: The log has place holders for Clip0, Clip1, Clip2, but single IMU boards will only use Clip0.

Thanks for the clarification!

4.1.0-dev the instance field in the message tells you if the message contains clip 1, 2 or 3
4.0.x there are three separated messages.

Only newer GCS understand the instance field.