Use APSync as a wifi client, not host

I’d like to change the network setup on my APSync RPi 3B so that it’s a client of my WiFi network, not as a host of it’s own.

I searched for this in the docs and the forum, but no luck. I’ve found plenty of tutorials about how to turn the Pi into a hotspot, but not sure how to run one of those magic spells in reverse to make it’s a client again.

Anybody have some advice?

Earl

I had to do this too, for updated and a local build.

I used the APSync build from New APSync Build for Raspberry Pi which is based in Raspbian rather than Ubuntu but they both use network manager so this should work.

You’ll need to at the console of the PI since you’re disconnecting the network so can’t have an open SSH connection.

You need to use the network manager CLI tool to get the name of your current access point connetion, disconnect it to free up the Wifi adaptor and then connect to your local Wifi.

nmcli connection show
nmcli con down WifiAP (or whatever your connection is called)
nmcli device wifi connect <your SSID> password <your Wifi password>

Once connection nmcli will tell you your IP address so you can shell in from elsewhere if you need to.

I am new to apsync image. we want to connect rpi to another wifi network. How to disable the existing access point and connect to new wifi connection in apsync image ?