Unable to upload firmware or connect to MAVLink

Howdy,

So yesterday everything was working fine and I was able to properly upload the firmware using eclipse, but today it is giving me problems. When I make the firmware and it asks for me to connect the pixhawk it detects everything like normal, but once it reaches this part it freezes and doesn’t do anything.

I went ahead and looked at the bootlog, and it just has this:

PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK
PX4IO CRC OK

nothing else. When I connect the pixhawk with my computer it gives the proper start up sound, it then goes and flashes red and blue, and finally it stops at 2 yellow flashes, which indicate an arming error. I try to connect to mission planner using the NSH command line, and it get stuck on waiting for reboot, it finally gets to opened COM port, and it freezes there. It does nothing until I disconnect. When I try connecting to the Mavlink, it just states “trying to connect” and counts down. after the countdown is over, it states “No Hearthbeat packets Received”. Which is weird because my blue IO light indicates that the heartbeat loop is running.

After this
I went ahead and changed the Baum rate on my COM4 port, which was set to 9600, to 57600. Now when I attempt to connect I do not get the “no heartbeat packets received” instead I get this:

imgur.com/KYosoQi

I little progress, but I’m not sure what to do.

When attempting to update the firmware with Qgroundcontrol I get this:

Plug your board into USB now. Press Ok when board is plugged in.
Board found:
Port: \.\COM4
Description: \.\COM4
Attemping to communicate with bootloader…
Error: Sync: Send Command: Get Command Response: Timeout waiting for bytes to be available

When attempting to connect to the NSH using Mission planner I get this:

Rebooting COM4 at 115200 via console
waiting for reboot opened com port

When attempting to connect using Mavlink I get:

trying to connect
Timeout in 25

sometimes I get “no heartbeat packets receives,” but for the most part I get
imgur.com/KYosoQi

When attempting to install firmware using Mission Planner:

ERROR: Unable to upload firmware
ERROR: No Response from board

Any ideas?

Hi Destroctokon

I also had the following error message from QGC when I tried to update my virgin Pixhawk (first connection ever to Win8.1 laptop):

Also APMPlanner wasn’t able to upload a new firmware. It did the download when pushed the flash button and reconnected Pixhawk, but after download nothing happened for like ten minutes. After that I disconnected battery from UBEC and USB cable.

What helped me to do a successful flash 5 minutes ago:

1. Disconnect every addon you have from your pixhawk (telemetry, receiver, buzzer, servos, ESCs and even disconnect power module)
  2. Start QGroundControl (my version is recent 2.7.1) and go to “Firmware” tab.
  3. ONLY connect USB-cable to Pixhawk and do firmware flash via QGC.

Flash performed good this way for Arducopter Hexa Firmware with my Pixhawk.
Was already afraid to have to sent flight controller back to vendor.

Good luck and best regards