UBlox ZED-F9P L1/L2 GNSS Unit

Hi @jolivart , sorry to come back and ask again, but I tried to translate without success an UBX file I found on your pages (Untitled_181025_141503_ZED_fraga2.ubx), does it have the RXM messages ? If not have you got one UBX with full raw data inside ?
I used TEQC and RTKconv.
Thanks

Hi @Pascal_P, the log files you looked don’t have the RAWX message enabled.
I have just uploaded a log file with this message enabled: https://bit.ly/2Dw2y5o
This data is fresh, collected with the simpleRTK2B antenna placed in a window of a tall building (the signal quality is bad), just to let you check the RAW messages.

1 Like

I backed up your project. My goal is to integrate your boards inside a Pixhawk / PPK solution. It looks very promising.

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

@jolivart I read that the kickstarter was successful and units will be shipping to customers in the next few weeks. Any chance I can get mine sooner? :wink:

@jolivart just received the Ardusimple module today. It but looks like I’ll have to get one of those DF13 to JST-GH cables before I can really play around with it. The Pixhawk I’m using has the DF13 connectors on it and don’t have any JST connectors lying around that I can use to make a franken-cable.

You guys might consider including the option to add one of these cables to your purchase for a small fee, I imagine I’m not the only person still using an old Pixhawk with the DF13 connectors on it.

While I wait for that cable I’m going to play around with ublox’s U-Center software and see how they perform!

Also, @jpkh do you know what drove the change? Just curious for my own educational benefit :slight_smile:

It does not have EXTINT pin exposed? If it had it would be so great. But still maybe it is not that necessary with 20hz rate, at least for the copters.

1 Like

Really curious about rtk performances.

Dear all,

I am non-affiliated to electronics that’s why I am raising a potentially obvious question.

For my civil engineering purposes I am looking for a low-cost high precision GPS bluetooth receiver with post-processing correction attached in order to reach between decimeter to centimeter accuracy depending on the correction service available. I would like to use the receiver to attach to an Android tablet to pass information to a GIS system on the tablet like Qfield. I came across the video post from

From what I understand is that simplertk2b streams information as pre-configured by U-center (https://www.u-blox.com/de/product/u-center) to the bluetooth module. The later is visible to GNSS commander which corrects the location as configure within GNSS commander and sends that to Android as a GPS location replacement for the internal GPS of the tablet. Thus the location becomes available to an Android GIS application like Qfield.

If somebody could shortly reply on this to confirm I would highly appreciate and ease ordering for a test environment.

Best regards

Sebastian

Which backer/order number do you have?

1940 from 11/28/2018

@schoeller, the GNS Commander free version does not support NTRIP corrections and we have not tested the premium version (which does).
Another setup you can prepare is to use Lefebure application (free) to provide NTRIP corrections (via Bluetooth) and also to enable GPS Mock locations from the same app to allow other applications to use the simpleRTK2B information instead of the internal GPS from your tablet.
This has been tested and it works.

One thing to be tested is if the resolution of the variable type of the position provided by the GPS Mock location is going to be enough for the high accuracy lat, lon, alt provided by the simpleRTK2B.
With the UBX protocol, you need to enable a high resolution message (UBX-NAV-HPPOSLLH) instead of the original one (UBX-NAB-POSLLH), otherwise the resolution is limited to decimeters.

@Naterater we just send you an e-mail with this information

I too would be interested in an implementation which exposes the time mark functionality (via the EXT INT I/O pin) - preferably with built in logging (just a simple serial logger as suggested elsewhere, but on the board itself for convenience).

I can’t expect something as fully packaged as the EMLID Reach M+ just yet, but does anyone know of a breakout that has logging and exposed EXT INT?

https://www.csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=263

Although they haven’t shipped my order from 2 weeks ago yet :rage:

Update: CSGshop has refunded my order and has no explanation for why my order was never shipped. I had to get paypal involved, and overall it has been one of the worst experiences I have seen from a supplier. Has anyone else received products from them recently?

I’ll receive my Ardusimple board tomorrow!

1 Like

I’m following this thread for future possibilities, but at the moment I am not in the market for an F9P solution (still OK with my u-blox C94-M8P), but in case it is of interest, I noticed that Sparkfun has an F9P board available: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15136.

Haha. I just found that one yesterday and purchased as well. Shouldn’t be much different from the Ardusimple one, however it is much smaller.

Philip announced that when the F9P is no longer “engineering samples,” then the HerePro will be released with it sometime in/after April.

1 Like

I look forward to hearing how it all works. I see that the F9P boards have more than one serial port, so hopefully one can be used for position data for the flight controller and the other for RTCM corrections via a radio module if desired. That is how I am using my current system but it was a pain to get working with the single UART.

Why don’t you just use the telemetry radio for corrections fed through a GCS like Mission Planner?