Tuning advice needed

I believe this means no effect on above the Cell Count* 4.2 (4.4 is wrong) value not the parameter range value of 35 shown. These parameters range values are not always current. I could stand to be corrected here.

Try to lower ATC_ANG_PIT_P and ATC_ANG_RLL_P. Those are the P-Therms, that refer to how fast the angle will be corrected. I think those parameters will be ignored by autotune. On very heavy copters with a high inertial moment, those parameters are normally too high.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions all. Is it possible that I need to reduce ATC_THR_MIX_MAX ?

AutoTune — Copter documentation suggests that with large props an overshoot can occur when slowing from fast forward flight. This matches my issue except it wasn’t very fast flight.

Any suggestions how much to lower by?

I would try it with 3.5 or 3.0 and see if it gets better.

Hi Shawn,

I just did a maiden flight of a re-purposed DJI F450. I pulled the Naza-2 controller out and put in a Matek F405-CTR. I used your initial parameters.xls for getting it set up and I’ve got to say it was a pretty uneventful maiden flight. And in my books “uneventful” is exactly what I’m looking for. I just wanted to say thanks for the file and all the info!

Good work, you should bebale to get that F450 flying very sporty yet smooth.

Yeah, I hope so. I originally built it a few years ago and it was fun to zip around, but that was until I discovered 5" FPV and Betaflight. It’s been gathering dust ever since. This looks like it could breath some new life into an old work horse.