Troubles with my pixracer ArduPilot! Oscillations and other issues

Hi Dave,
Okay so I got the quad into the air for just a very short amount of time (I was inside in a warehouse and didn’t want to risk crashing it)
it flew this time without incident, but it still had that bad oscillation shake to it, even after changing the parameters that you mentioned.
Where do you think I should go from here?
I’m not sure if this is a tuning issue or something else

I’ll include a log here if you dont mind taking a look, again, it was a very short flight but I hope you can still see what you need to see.

Your INS Accel and Gyro filters are still set to 20. Try them at 30 and 60 respectively.

ahh okay, I changed them but must have forgotten to push the write params button… doh… I’ll give that a go!

That did it! the oscillation is totally gone and it flies very stable. the roll/pitch rate and whatnot is pretty slow right now but i think the auto tuning might help with that a bit, and it still is somewhat overshooting my throttle/ descend inputs but not nearly as badly as it was… Thanks dave!

Great! Auto Tune may in fact work now that you have basic stability. If it doesn’t work you will have to manually tune.

Excellent, I’ll give it a try first and see what happens

Just wondering if this is in the Wiki somewhere and if it isn’t, should it be?

1 Like