Trim and nav_pitch - what's wrong?

Setting up an RMRC Anaconda; this is my first V tail (inverted). It was a pretty bad “maiden” but one of the issues I was constantly fighting was the tendency to pitch down in FBWA (and, it seemed like stabilize too, but that may have been me mis-remembering).

Looking at my setup, it seems like that is due to nav_roll being off by -2* or so all the time, including when the sticks are centered. I did another RC calibration just in case, and I have the same issue. RC trims look fine - even when the PWM value is EXACTLY the same as the trim setpoint, nav_pitch still shows -2 or so. Any ideas?

[attachment=2]pitch.PNG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]pitch2.PNG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]pitch3.PNG[/attachment]

Did you do the accelerometer calibration ie placing the aircraft on each of it’s six sides?

Hi Graham,

Yes, I did do the accelerometer calibration. FWIW, the nav_pitch does not appear to change as I move the PH.

Thanks,
Dan

I seem to have the same issue running arduplane 3.1.1. Im currently running a flying wing and with rc_input near neutral my nav_pitch is stuck at -2 in FBW mode.

Any insight anyone?

NAV_PITCH will only work when in a GPS mode like AUTO or RTL, it is the pitch demanded by the navigation loop.

Hi dmurray14 I believe your are seeing no throttle fbwa pitch, wich is affected by STAB_PITCH_DOWN, as explained by tridge:

– added new STAB_PITCH_DOWN parameter to improve low throttle behaviour in FBWA mode, making a stall less likely in FBWA mode (thanks to Jack Pittar for the idea).

here
posting.php?mode=reply&f=102&t=10326

Hernan

If that’s the case, the tuning guide is a bit confusing - it specifically says to check the nav_pitch value to see if the issue is with the RC trim or otherwise.

[quote=“hernborc”]Hi dmurray14 I believe your are seeing no throttle fbwa pitch, wich is affected by STAB_PITCH_DOWN, as explained by tridge:

– added new STAB_PITCH_DOWN parameter to improve low throttle behaviour in FBWA mode, making a stall less likely in FBWA mode (thanks to Jack Pittar for the idea).

here

Hernan[/quote]

I think that’s it! Makes perfect sense. Thanks Hernan!

Thanks Hernan, I believe that’s also what I’m seeing!

If that’s the case, the tuning guide is a bit confusing - it specifically says to check the nav_pitch value to see if the issue is with the RC trim or otherwise.

[quote=“hernborc”]Hi dmurray14 I believe your are seeing no throttle fbwa pitch, wich is affected by STAB_PITCH_DOWN, as explained by tridge:

here

Hernan[/quote]

I think that’s it! Makes perfect sense. Thanks Hernan![/quote]

glad it was usefull comment!

Hernan