Trex 450 Hover Tests

I have a Trex 450 flybarless heli with a F405 wing flight controller running Arducopter v4. The heli is flying really well almost hands off in Alt hold. On the logs the Pitch , Desired Pitch and roll, desired roll are offset is this something I should be worried about as the documentation suggest they should be tracking each other.

David Ardis

@ardisd if the actual values are not tracking the desired then it is most likely that your ATC_RAT_PIT_ILMI and ATC_RAT_RLL_ILMI are zero. These need to be 0.08. They allow the integrator to build which drives the actual values to follow the desired.

Bill

Thanks missed that going through the setup looking a too many numbers. Also what would be the reason for the Baro-4 and Compass-4 errors

David Ardis

@ardisd I haven’t had a chance to open your log file. I will look tonight to see if I can answer that. I am not familiar with those errors.

@ardisd Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Looks like the Error code 4 for the barometer and Compass is indicating that they are Unhealthy. Not sure what the impact of that is on your system. However it seems to happen a lot through out your log and then is resolved in less than 1 second. You may want to recalibrate your compass to see if that helps the compass errors. Not sure of how to deal with the Barometer.

Regards,
Bill

@bnsgeyer Re-Calibrated the compass and even swapped for another but did not make any difference. Should I add it to the issue list on github

David Ardis

David,
When you calibrate the compass, are you clear of any metallic objects that could affect the calibration?

I’m not sure I can help you with this issue. You may want to post it on the Copter 4.0 thread, if that is the version you’re using. Or you could post on the hardware thread.

@bnsgeyer the compass has been calibrated in several different locations and get the almost the same offsets. I will create a post in Copter 4.

Thanks

David Ardis