Tiltrotor Motors not Responding in Q_STABILIZE Mode

Hi all, I’m building a tilt tricopter using QuadPlane setup. I’m not sure why the motors don’t work when in Q_Stabilize mode (when the motors are facing up). There’s no response when I move the throttle stick. They work fine when the motors are tilted for forward flight. I followed this link for the tilt rotor setup (http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/guide-tilt-rotor.html). Is there any other parameter or setup? I am doing a school project and this is my first time using a Pixhawk. Would really appreciate any help, thanks!

I’m not sure, either. The reading of coffee grounds is a genuine practice, but a logfile would be more helpful :smiley:

Hey Rolf, I tried downloading the dataflash logs using mission planner but the following error appears Error:System.TimeoutException: Timeout on read - GetLogEntry
at MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface.GetLogEntry(UInt16 startno, UInt16 endno) in C:\Users\michael\Source\Repos\MissionPlanner\Mavlink\MAVLinkInterface.cs:line 4565
at MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface.GetLogList() in C:\Users\michael\Source\Repos\MissionPlanner\Mavlink\MAVLinkInterface.cs:line 4505
at MissionPlanner.Log.LogDownloadMavLink.b__12_0() in C:\Users\michael\Source\Repos\MissionPlanner\Log\LogDownloadMavLink.cs:line 90
I reformatted the sd card but the same error occurs. I’ll upload the logfile when I’m able to download it.

Hi Rolf, I’ve uploaded the .bin file. Seems like the dataflash logs can only be downloaded when the pixhawk is unarmed. I first set it to MANUAL mode and increased the throttle and then decreased the throttle. I repeated the same steps after setting flight mode to Q_STABILIZE. In manual mode, the servo output in mission planner will respond to the throttle but there is no response in q_stabilize mode. From the logfile throttle graph, it seems like the pixhawk is not responding to the transmitter once the mode is changed.

I tried to upload the .bin file but it doesn’t seem to work

Hi “yx”,

best way to get the logfiles is by manually putting the sd-card to your windows/missionplanner computer.

Uploading too big .bin files here is impossible, in this case use any cloudserver and “upload” only the cloudadress.

Rolf

I managed to download to log files through mission planner after pressing the safety switch to disarm the plane. Here is the link to the .bin file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VGm-nuvIBCKGY6lNhxPqPYzujdh4QEHI
After downloading the firmware again, I still have the same problem. I tried setting up a quadplane instead of tiltrotor but the quad motors do not respond in Q_Stabilize mode either. Could I be missing some parameter that has to be set up to enable Q modes?

For safety reasons props are removed ?

In Q…Modes you have to arm first by ailorenstick:
http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/arming-your-plane.html?highlight=arm

Your arming settings are very unsafe ! !!!
better is ARMING_CHECK 1, ARMING_REQUIRE 1.

Rolf

Everything works fine after changing ARMING_REQUIRE to 1. Thanks for your help!