Tilting arms to help with yaw

There was a post somewhere with advice on tilting motors to help on yaw. I have been looking for it since yesterday but i can’t find it. I would like to tilt motors 1-2° to help on yaw since my copter never really had sharp yaw.
If anyone can find the thread or have any experience on yaw motor tilt please advice.

thanks

Have you got a .bin log to check and a detailed description please?
We might be able to fix the yaw issue.

My yaw works good just wanted to give motor tilting a shot. Designing a new frame and wanted to implement it. If i recall Leonard adviced on having motor yaw tilt.

Finally found it. I paste it here for reference and for anyone who would like to test it.

It looks like 3° in the direction that would increase the resulting yaw torque are a pretty good starting point for medium/big copters.

1 Like

“Twisting arms” would be a better way of phrasing it. Tilt makes me think of lifting up the end of the arms :slight_smile:
You can clearly see the required configuration in the article on SUAS News

what required confuguration?

the motors on the photo are tilted in a similar configuration you are looking at doing is all.

The paper linked above is a bit deeper in explanation. The pic is a bit misleading since the motors don’t need to be facing up and down.

Sorry to have phrased it in a bad way, not native english :slight_smile:

Not at all - I was just saying my way of thinking of this motor configuration.