Three months of Crazy Loiter and Althold. Help me, please

Genius from all over the world, please save me…please…
I updated it with Various version, but it didn’t
Roll, pitch and yaw are not stable in all flight modes.
It’s even worse in Loiter mode.

When you land after a dangerous flight, the message
“EKF2 Yaw inventory by (various numbers) deg” changes and continues to appear.

Both OFFSET and MOT were normal values after the compass calibration.

It uses two 6S batteries, 18-inch propellers and 310 kv motors.

Can this issue occur because the power module settings are different from the actual battery voltage?

Where is your log?
What flight controller?
Do you use Oneshot 125 or DShot 150 compatible ESC? With such motor and propeller choice (prone to desynchronising), it could be worth a try.

Start here in the tuning Wiki pages

Also when you say 2 6S batteries, do you mean in parallel (6S2P) or in series (12 cell) ?
It’s important to have the voltage calibration correct.
Send us a link to the .bin log and include as much other information as you can.

Thank you all for your interest.
I will try again tomorrow through Tuning wiki pages.
Pixhawk cube black and battery are (6S2P) parallel connections. Using the Hobbywing Platinum pro 60a ESC.
I will attach the .bin in a moment.
Thank you very much.

Pixhawk cube black and battery are (6S2P) parallel connections. Using the Hobbywing Platinum pro 60a ESC.

Hello @rk2cy_u,
From what I can see from your log and my personal experience, the error messages you are seeing about the EKF Yaw being inconsistent seems to come from a cold boot issue, because you waited after your flight. I am confident that if you waited long enough you would start seeing “Gyro inconsistent” messages to appear. On the Cube (and of course other FCU as well), there is a targeted temperature to reach for the IMUs to report correct datas, and as I can see from the log, the IMU temperatures only reached nearly 26°C out of the targeted 45°C. On the CubeBlack the second IMU is much more subject to temperature difference than IMU1&3. You can let your copter heat itself before you start flying with it, and then the easiest method is to reset the Cube to re-run the gyro calibration.

You also wondered if the power module settings might cause you some problems, but from the log and the parameter list inside, there is no battery module set up to read any voltage or current (BATT_MONITOR is still at 0), so you should configure it.
Finally, about your copter not being stable in manual flight modes. You are still flying with the stock PIDs, the actual angles and the desired angles dangerously mismatch, I strongly suggest you to follow the tuning page as indicated by @mboland.

Thank you very very very much. Let me try what @mboland said.

@xfacta @mboland @mlebret @PY_BRULIN

The results of the flight are the same after all the calibrations have been completed.
I will attach the log and video.
Help me, please…

[https://youtu.be/u2gjWa3DDQU]

Here’s the message.

You are on AC 4.0.1, probably upgrade to 4.0.2-rc4 - even though it’s a release candidate (beta) there’s some important fixes for desyncing and RC issues.
Be sure ESC calibration is good too.
I see some of your new parameter values are close to what I came up with, but check all these anyway:

MOT_THST_EXPO 0.73
INS_ACCEL_FILTER 20.00
INS_GYRO_FILTER 20.00
ATC_RAT_PIT_FILTD 10.00
ATC_RAT_PIT_FILTE 0.00
ATC_RAT_PIT_FILTT 10.00
ATC_RAT_RLL_FILTD 10.00
ATC_RAT_RLL_FILTE 0.00
ATC_RAT_RLL_FILTT 10.00
ATC_RAT_YAW_FILTD 0.00
ATC_RAT_YAW_FILTE 2.00
ATC_RAT_YAW_FILTT 10.00
ATC_ACCEL_P_MAX 61000.00
ATC_ACCEL_R_MAX 61000.00
ATC_ACCEL_Y_MAX 20000.00
ACRO_YAW_P 2.22
ATC_THR_MIX_MAN 0.10
MOT_THST_HOVER 0.25
MOT_HOVER_LEARN 2.00
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MAX 25.20
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MIN 19.80

Also set:
AUTOTUNE_AGGR 0.05
and run an autotune if flight is stable enough. Maybe set the autotune axis to just 1 at a time instead of all at once.
If everything goes well you can set it back to 0.1 and run autotune again.

Your battery failsafe is not right:
Check and set these:
BATT_LOW_VOLT 21.0
BATT_CRT_VOLT 19.8
BATT_FS_LOW_ACT 2
BATT_FS_CRT_ACT 1

You have some issues with the frame that no amount of calibration is going to help.

Unbalaced thrust: Motors 3 and 4 are working much harder than 1 and 2 and are nearly at maximum thrust.
This would be where your thrust loss warnings are coming from.
The CW motors are not generating the same thrust as the CCW motors.
Is the frame rigid?
Are the motors level?
Are these cheap props?

Overweight/underpowered: with M3 and M4 nearly maxing out you are not going to have the authority of thrust to stabilise correctly.
The drunken sailor effect is typical of insufficient thrust.

I would not attempt to use anything other than Stabilise to sort this out, it is nowhere near ready for other modes.

I did notice you made all the changes suggested in the tuning wiki.
Why not try it with only one battery?

The desired v actual shows what the video you took shows, wallowing with insufficient thrust for stability.

Thank you. @xfacta @mboland
I will update to AC 4.0.2, and check the parameters.
And I’m going to do ESC calibration and fly on one battery.

@mboland @xfacta Thank you very much. Flight is stable !!
I want to try Autotune tomorrow.
Then we will try to install two batteries again to see if the problem was the ESC calibration or the battery.

[https://youtu.be/-sQJ63m269g]
(https://youtu.be/-sQJ63m269g)

How did it go? Did updating/autotune help?

Hey Mike, how did you plot this data (fairly new to this)?? I’ve previously analyzed tlogs and dataflash logs in MP but don’t recall seeing this view?

APM Planner…

1 Like

The problem was weak arms and heavy weight. We are now testing and raising thrust by changing the motor, but we have another problem. If we don’t solve it, we’ll offer you a new thread. Thank you.

1 Like