Threading of Post

Is threading available in this new forum?

The approval process took just under a month, this discusssion is going to take a long time :wink:

I concur. Submissions take way too long to post, apparently for fear of spammers. Frankly, I’d rather be spammed than wait weeks for a submission to post. Perhaps there are not enough moderators to vet the volume of submissions. The ratio of views:replies is quite skewed.

@bill,
The approval process has been significantly improved as we are approving new posts in the morning and in the evening.

I am about the only Admin on the website and I also moderate the DIY Drones website. It has taken me a while to understand the ins and outs of this new site, but approvals should be significantly faster in the future.

Regards,
TCIII Admin

And will threading be avaiable?

Arggh. This approval posting for every post does not scale. We need to be able to have instant posting from validated accounts. And left the community tag spam post for post moderation.

This approach just seems to stifle conversation.

There must be discussion forums that have spam plugins and use ip blacklists?

I feel with the current setup this forum will never fly.

@bill,
I hear you, but I am the only moderator and if we had instant approval like on the DIY Drones website we would be quickly overwhelmed with spam. I delete at least 30 - 50 spammers per day while moderating this website.
Regards,
TCIII Admin

How can that be if you must register to even post?

@bill,
On this website membership approval is automatic with no moderator intervention. So all a spammer has to do is register and then post spam for approval.

I just deleted 20 spammers this morning who had automatically registered and then proceeded to post spam for approval. If we did not have the posting approval mechanism, this website would be inundated with spam and that would probably turn off potential and existing legitimate members. One morning I deleted 106 spam posts waiting for approval.

Regards,
TCIII Admin

See imageshack.us/f/18/sshot1nxy.jpg/

It shows the option for account activation by adim. It would seem simple solution. What am I missing?

Deleting spam posts by hand is akin to cutting the lawn with scissors :wink:

@bill,
Since I am only an admin on this site, I suggest that you pm Josh Ott, the Editorial Editor, with your suggestions as to how to better manage this website.

Regards,
TCIII Admin