Third party transmitter programming

Is there somewhere that explains the philosophy behind programming a transmitter for the IRIS?

I ask this because except for the mode switches on the right of the fs-th9x it seems that virtually all of the mixing etc is done in the Pixhawk. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Steve

[quote=“Oregonh2o”]Is there somewhere that explains the philosophy behind programming a transmitter for the IRIS?

I ask this because except for the mode switches on the right of the fs-th9x it seems that virtually all of the mixing etc is done in the Pixhawk. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Steve[/quote]

This should help get you started: 3drobotics.com/iris/info/connect-receiver/

You are correct though, the only thing that needs to be setup on the tx is flight modes and to ensure everything is moving the correct direction. Make sure you do a rc calibration as well. Also you may want to take note of the pwm range for throttle with the stock setup and mimic that output on yours. Otherwise an ESC cal will need to be done. I don’t think that guide covers that which could leave you scratching your head when you arm and your props don’t spin. Ask me how I know :slight_smile:. One last thing is pay close attention to how you setup your failsafe on your RX, especially if you have an Frsky system.