The GPS don't find any satelites (ublox, Firmware v3.2.1-rc1

Hello

I have two problems:
1.Can’t connect to Command Line Interface (CLI).
2.The GPS don’t find any satellites.

I have two APM 2.6, each has it’s own GPS (ublox).
Have two copters, one X4 and one Y6.
X4 is working but I have problem with the Y6 setup copter.

I have tried both beta and stable firmware, right now I have: v3.2.1-rc1 ( 0c3f43b ) in the controller.

Question 1
Think I found answer for that one. The CLI interface is removed from version 3.2 and up. Is hat correct? I would like to do a motor check and check the health on GPS, but I think it’s not possible.

Question 2
I don’t think it is any problem with the GPS module. I have checked the power module output voltage to Flight Controller, it is 4.87. I have had it outside searching for satellites for about 30 minutes and it could not found anyone. I have reseted the flight controller (with factory reset) and tried to update the firmware. The only diffrence I think I have is that one firmware is for X4 and the other for Y6. Is it same Firmware or is it different for each setup?

@micaelkarlsson,
Yes, the CLI has been removed from v 3.2
Regards,
TCIII GM

Thanks for reply TCIII

Regards question 1: Great! Then I now!

The second question drives me crazy.
I have no clue what to do or how to solve the problem.
Could it be that I use a Y6 configuration, is it the same firmware as X4?

Without CLI I can’t see if it is working. But I have one last idea. Perhaps I can do as they suggest in “Connection Option #2 – using the APM2 as a passthrough” (copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-ublox-gps/) and test to communicate with the GPS?

I dont Think the APM is brok, everything else works…

Appreciate if someone has any idea to solve my GPS problem.

Regards
Micke

Hi
I had the same “problem”, but try to wait for 1 hour to let the battery on Your gps module charge, then it worked for me :slight_smile:

The frame style (4 or 6y) is the parameters. The GPS is the hardware setup.
I would check the LED lights function on the GPS when powered up. Did you verify the wiring of the GPS pigtail and the flight controller?

[quote=“micaelkarlsson”]Hello

I have two problems:
1.Can’t connect to Command Line Interface (CLI).
2.The GPS don’t find any satellites.

I have two APM 2.6, each has it’s own GPS (ublox).
Have two copters, one X4 and one Y6.
X4 is working but I have problem with the Y6 setup copter.

I have tried both beta and stable firmware, right now I have: v3.2.1-rc1 ( 0c3f43b ) in the controller.

Question 1
Think I found answer for that one. The CLI interface is removed from version 3.2 and up. Is hat correct? I would like to do a motor check and check the health on GPS, but I think it’s not possible.

Question 2
I don’t think it is any problem with the GPS module. I have checked the power module output voltage to Flight Controller, it is 4.87. I have had it outside searching for satellites for about 30 minutes and it could not found anyone. I have reseted the flight controller (with factory reset) and tried to update the firmware. The only diffrence I think I have is that one firmware is for X4 and the other for Y6. Is it same Firmware or is it different for each setup?[/quote]

@ijustwant, does the GPS has a battery?

It has been outside for an hour now, but it doesn’t find any satellites.
I have a S6 5000mAh lipo so it will be outside for half an hour more… perhaps it is to dark, and it cant see the satellites? :slight_smile:

By the way. The Mission Planner shows an initialization error: “RC not Calibrated” but I have tried it when I didn’t have any errors with same result. I think I know how to get rid of that, I don’t think it has nothing to do with the problem with )(%&/(¤%%/( GPS. :imp:

@FullScalePilot2, I have two APM and GPS and I have tried both GPS with the other APM and both GPS seems to work. Shouldn’t be any problem with the pigtails but perhaps with the controller. I wish I could test the GPS with the none existent CLI…

I removed the cover from my GPS and traced the wiring using the Pixhawk/GPS diagram to be sure I had a match to the connectors. Sometimes “stuff happens.” I did have a DOA PH. Using a VOM, for through put V, on the PH terminals helped me sort the condition.

Oh BTW: are you seeing LED’s lit on your GPS?

[quote=“micaelkarlsson”]@ijustwant, does the GPS has a battery?

It has been outside for an hour now, but it doesn’t find any satellites.
I have a S6 5000mAh lipo so it will be outside for half an hour more… perhaps it is to dark, and it cant see the satellites? :slight_smile:

By the way. The Mission Planner shows an initialization error: “RC not Calibrated” but I have tried it when I didn’t have any errors with same result. I think I know how to get rid of that, I don’t think it has nothing to do with the problem with )(%&/(¤%%/( GPS. :imp:

@FullScalePilot2, I have two APM and GPS and I have tried both GPS with the other APM and both GPS seems to work. Shouldn’t be any problem with the pigtails but perhaps with the controller. I wish I could test the GPS with the none existent CLI…[/quote]

Solution for me was that the GPS antena was to close to rc transmitter, esc and so on. When I extend the standard cable it found the satellites.