The end of APM?

Thanks Tridge for the detail info about the development of the code. It is really surprise me that you had just a few testers and in fact I think you are the one who did most of the testing.
It would be a great help in the development of new code and bugs fix if we have a pool of beta tester in difference region flying difference type of air plane.
Beside the few " condition" that you had mention about being a beta tester, I think the quality of the air frame and components such as servo, motor, ESC and hardware should also be reasonably good, it will be very misleading and waste of time and effort to diagnose a problem rooted from bad set up, twisted wings, bad servo ect…
I am very keen to be part of the tester. I will build a new Skywalker 2014/1800 with high quality components. I’ll concentrate on APM 2.6 + board as it had serve me well. It will take about a week for me to build it up and I’ll start testing the latest code and report my finding on the milling list.
Little info about myself
Flying RC plane for more than 25 years, now my son Ryan take over as pilot in control while I monitor and adjust those parameter in the computer.
Get involve in DIYdrones since 2011 with APM 2. The board still flying now
Serve as Director of Asia Operation for conservationdrons.org. One of our co founder, Prof Lian Pin Khoo just relocated to Australia.

yes, the ‘latest’ firmware contains the AUTOTUNE code. The standard APM2 LOG_BITMASK parameter is enough to enable the logging we need to look at how well AUTOTUNE worked.
Thanks for testing!
Cheers, Tridge

I plan to test this too as soon as the weather improves. Did I see Paul has coded auto tuning for the I and D values? Should I wait for that to be available for beta upload via MP?

I made a wild and crazy decision and decided to start a thread under “Log files, Tuning, and Analysis of Log files” to post dataflash logs from Autotune flights.

Thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=7337