Switched from APM to Pixhawk - weird flight issue

Hi all. Recently blew the 3.3v reg on my trusty APM. As I’d had my eye on a Pixhawk for some time this was ll the push I needed to get one! I’ve ordered a 3.3v reg and will repair the APM for use on a spare frame later.

I’ve installed the Pixhawk, set-up went fine once I’d realized I had the 3DR GPS connected using the wrong cable. That was interesting as it caused the set-up wizard to fail. After installing firmware it couldn’t connect after that part. Really threw me until I triple checked everything and realized I’d used a four wire 6-pin cable from the kit for the GPS instead of the correct one!

Anyhow, my issue is this, in flight all seems fine for a few minutes, then, whilst in Stabilise mode, it will start climbing uncommanded,. I’ve found that cycling between Alt Hold and back to Stabilise brings it back under control but there an audio alarm form the Pixhawk also sounds when this happens?

I can land, disarm and rearm and all is well again until it recurs in a similar fashion.

I cant find any reference to the alarm and there was only one corrupted log, possibly because I’d formatted the SD card as ex-fat during troubleshooting. I’ve now corrected that.

Any ideas as to what is causing this? Pixhawk, latest firmware, 4S 4000mAh battery, 3DR GPS & Compass.

Thanks in advance.

@Griffog,
How about providing either tlogs and/or data flash logs to help troubleshoot your issue.
Regards,
TCIII GM

[quote=“TCIII”]@Griffog,
How about providing either tlogs and/or data flash logs to help troubleshoot your issue.
Regards,
TCIII GM[/quote]
I did say

I’ll go fly it again and see if the log captures any data this time, just need to wait for the storm to pass UK first.