Survey for new tiny optical flow manufacturing

How about the 12 m version? do you guys need this? we thought this version is not essential as you can use the optical flow only version with your range finder. but this version will make the tfmini and optical flow into one block( which reduces the wiring and space).

flowdeck from crazyfly is 35$, chinese board are 15$ so 45$ is a little expensive for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And yes, normally proficnc will release soon a can board but I don’t know the price range

Watching this. Ill take 2 :wink: !

1 Like

I’m in Patrick can’t have all the fun lol.
Been wanting to add this to my build for sometime, but size and weight is always a concern as is distance. 3 meter range…nah…I am an outside guy 12 meter…now your talking.

@rickyg32 TFMINI is 6meter outside (12 meter inside) and from experience this altitude is the sweet spot for OF flying.

6m outside is really a good height I think. Just not 3 meters.
6m outside is 20 feet thats plenty high enough. I watched your demo of optical flow and lidar…I was jealous and want to do that

1 Like

What’s the availability of indoor version?

@eetwidget
The 3m version is use for tiny drone (where mass and board size is most important thing), or indoor enviroment.
Range of the tof sensor of 3m version is >5cm and <4m
Range of the tof sensor of 12m version is >30cm and <12m
The indoor version have maximum high distance is 4m but reliable below 3m in normal light.Outside test is not reliable (because the strong light) . We tested outdoor- strong light (1pm), it works reliable below 1m
In the future (worked on prototype) , we will have another mode: output the position in X Y Z in meter (1-3% error) (using dual optical flow to compensate error) . This application may be use with other robots (not only drone) to navigate and mapping with require high accuracy.

1 Like

When will this Optical Flow be available to try

Hi,
Both version will be available on next month, Currently we have problem with the lens of PMW3901MB, will be fixed soon.
Here is the prootype of th 12m version
And the video of the tiny Flow test (3m version ) , the height of the hover drone is about 2m5, test indoor . We develop drone for 3rd party so sorry for the blur . We are not allowed to public the customer drone :frowning:

1 Like

Cool
What are the connections of the unit?
Is this power, i2c of IMU and SPI of the PMW3901?

Hi , the IMU is I2C and PMW3901 is SPI. We tried to use SPI for the IMU, but reading IMU by SPI caused the IMU get hot which leads to fault gyro data (could use temperature compensate but not reliable).

when will this be available? i think this will be a good platform for open source indoor micro drone. i will be waiting for this.

How many do you need ? what kind of version? we have some prototypes (tested-work as normal). we can send you if you need it early.(We are producing the final product but maybe there will be a delay as the OEM can not supply enough the sensors we need).

i would love to get my hands on the 3m version early. Just wondering if getting lidar data through I2C would be a better idea instead of serial since serial ports are very limited.

lidar data is also published in the px4 flow packet on I2C.but you need to modify the ardupilot code ( currently the ardupilot code does not read the lidar data in px4 flow packet)

sounds good. do let me know if i can buy the prototype version for testing. thanks.

1 Like

Hi Bruce,
I’d be interested in testing the 12m version. Im in USA, using the intel-aero-quad on px4 stack.
Let me know how I can help.
Best!

Hi,Bruce.I am very interested in your products. Can you get your contact information? My email address is zhangzhiwei17@mails.ucas.ac.cn

Does anyone have a link to this product yet? Thanks