Support for Travel to Ardupilot Conference in Canberra 2023

Topic: Travel funds to attend Ardupilot Developer Conference 2023

Proposal type: Hardware [ ] , Software [ ] , Other [x] : Travel funds

Description:

I am writing to request travel funds to attend the Ardupilot developer conference 2023 in Canberra. I have been an active contributor to the Ardupilot organization for more than a year. In 2022, I was selected as a GSoC student for the organization, and I am excited to have the opportunity to meet my mentors and other developers in person at the conference.

I will be travelling with fellow GSoC student from India, @snktshrma. We plan to fly from Delhi to Sydney in economy class and take a bus or train from Sydney to Canberra to save costs. We will arrive in Canberra on the evening of 29th March and have one day for pre-conference meetups. We will be staying at a hotel for 4 nights.

I am confident that attending this conference will be a valuable opportunity for me to learn more about the latest developments in the field, network with people, and present my own work. I would greatly appreciate your support in making this trip possible.

This is estimate of my share of expenses.
Delhi → Sydney → Delhi flights: https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/F8H4GHvRcP4YoGfY6 - 1040 USD
Sydney → Canberra → Sydney bus/train - 100 USD
Hotel stay at Canberra for 4 nights - 550 USD

Sanket will also be having a similar estimate.

Planned amount $$ (USD): 1690

1 Like

I have managed to gather some funds on my own. Those would be able to cover all my travel expenses and partially my accommodation also. Now, I would only need around 250 USD (or less if I am able to find a cheaper option) for my accommodation.