Servers by jDrones

Skyviper connection issues

(Jason Short) #1

I’m trying to connect with Mission planner to my Skyviper. I often run into errors loading the parameters. the system hangs when loading the STAT_RUNTIME and STAT_FLTIME parameter. I’m assuming this is because these params are constantly changing? If I don’t get the params loaded, WP reading and writing is broken and I can’t arm the drone, even though I can see telemetry.
Running Windows 10 and latest version of Mission planner (fresh install).

(Michael Oborne) #2

please try the latest beta mission planner. without a traffic log it hard to even guess at what the issue may be. the skyviper uses udp, so packet loss is possible but I would not expect much

(Jason Short) #3

Tried the beta, and same problem. I’ll enclose the logs.

(Jason Short) #4

The latest beta has the same issue. It just hangs 4 out of 5 times while reading parameters. Almost always on the Stat_runtime param.

(Jason Short) #5

Here is a lot of what I’m seeing. It hangs on STAT_FLTIME and STAT_RUNTIME

(Michael Oborne) #6

for some reason you are only getting one way telemetry.

the params you see are sent periodically. I have no idea why, other than maybe its a firewall issue

(Michael Oborne) #7

also try disabling other network adapters/unplugging

(peterbarker) #8

The latest beta has the same issue. It just hangs 4 out of 5 times while
reading parameters. Almost always on the Stat_runtime param.

These parameters are volunteered by the autopilot as they change.

Perhaps receiving an out-of-sequence parameter is confusing MP?

(Michael Oborne) #9

even if it was out of order packets, that would manifest as packetloss, not failing param requests

(peterbarker) #10

for some reason you are only getting one way telemetry.

Could very well be a mavlink2 issue.

(Jason Short) #12

Here are logs of things going great, and then stalling. This is so odd and frustrating. I turned off all firewall settings in Windows. I have two way communications since it sometimes works and I can write params and save missions when it does.

(Michael Oborne) #13

the root cause is packet loss. so need to get to the bottom of the underlying issue.

(mike kelly) #14

I have had this problem with exactly the same results. I would recommend reinstalling your firmware and first clear the parameter memory then reload firmware then recal from scratch.

(David) #15

I am having the same problem connecting to a pixhawk 1.