Sim_vehicle.py or MAVProxy command line questions

I am new to ardupilot and have successfully got the SITL up and running. I am looking for some guidance on commands. I’ve googled, read the wiki and even looked (briefly) at the source on GitHub without finding answers.

I’m specifically looking for a way to reset the vehicle position having run a simulation. Either to move it back to the position it started from or to a different location either referencing one in locations.txt or using Lat/Lon? Right now I have to stop and restart the simulation which seems a little long winded.

More generally is there a list of commands that can be entered once sim_vehicle has started up (I assume these ar MAVProxy commands)? I’ve found “module” and “wp” but there must be a lot more.

I’m specifically looking for a way to reset the vehicle position having
run a simulation. Either to move it back to the position it started from
or to a different location either referencing one in locations.txt or
using Lat/Lon? Right now I have to stop and restart the simulation which
seems a little long
winded.

AFAIK there’s no way to reset the universe in SITL. “RTL” is about as close
as it comes :slight_smile:

More generally is there a list of commands that can be entered once
sim_vehicle has started up (I assume these ar MAVProxy commands)? I’ve
found “module” and “wp” but there must be a lot more.

try “help” :slight_smile: You’re at a MAVProxy prompt there - that might help with
your googling…

Thanks Peter for the confirmation.
I have tried help - it gets me half way to knowing what is possible but I didn’t find what I specifically wanted. I know from previous frustrations that command words chosen for clarity by a developer can be really obscure for the user so I was working on the distinct possibility I had missed something “obvious” :slight_smile: .