I just received the IRIS I ordered back on 19-Feb. It took just over 3 weeks to arrive and I was beyond excited to open up the package. Unfortunately, my excited was quickly fizzled when I took a closer look at what was in the box. I will upload pictures here either tonight or tomorrow, but basically here’s what I found:
- Gimbal was missing (and yes, I paid for it and it was listed on the packing slip);
- 3 screws were missing on the IRIS’ plastic housing; I found two loose in the box but the third is gone;
- Antenna is extremely loose on the IRIS (will have to open up housing to tighten it, but that should be easy since the screws were pretty much all missing);
- Radio had broken plastic bouncing around inside;
- Radio decals are peeled up/not flush.
This will be my first drone, so I was already a bit anxious about getting this thing airborne but now I’m having serious doubts. I did call 3DRobotics earlier this afternoon to report the problem; they said they were going to overnight the gimbal and missing screw, and within a couple of hours I received a shipping confirmation number. While I must give them props for the quick response, all of this could have been avoided and this experience has spoiled some of my excitement.