Servo Output / Motor Output settings

Please see the attached photo. For those who have built a quad copter, what do you have your Motor Min’s set at? Do you match the low throttle?

It needs to be high enough to be turning the props a bit.

1 Like

It isnt actually important to manually check or set those values you show there.
Just do the RC calibration, ESC calibration and then use MissionPlanner motor test to determine MOT_SPIN_ARM and then add a bit for MOT_SPIN_MIN.

1 Like

I did the RC calibration. I did the ESC calibration. I did the motor test. To turn the motors at test, I had to set it at 19.

To ask a newb question, is this too high? Or is it just right based on previous steps. I assume there is no “one size fits” all setting here.

Are these the actual steps for esc calibration with a pixhawk 248 ? I had been calibrating via mission planner, but it says nothing about throttle max and min while calibrating…

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/esc-calibration.html

Yes, the semi automatic method is my preference

1 Like

This may in part explain my issue(s) with calibration. I think I can now determine the deadzone and adjust accordingly. Before I was guessing, and ESCs were not being peoperly calibrated.

Just did the semi automatic esc calibration…wow! It was super simple and a lot more effective. The motors are a lot more responsive…