Schematic for SkyViper v2450GPS Flight Controller Board

First, I must say I love the SkyViper v2450GPS quadcopter. I’m very grateful to the team of people that made this product possible. QUESTION: Where might I find the schematic for this awesome quadcopter? I’m mainly interested in the Flight Controller Board which I understand to be based on Pixhawk 2 (or 2.1?).

In my code I configure board=px4-v3 which I believe I have found on github as https://github.com/PX4/Hardware/tree/master/FMUv3_REV_D

So then am I on the right track for a schematic for the SkyViper v2450GPS Flight Controller Board?

Hello,

I don’t think you will find a real schematic of the skyviper, as it is closed product. But you are right it belong to fmuv3 family

I’m happy with the schematic for fmuv3 family because the SkyViper GPS drone runs firmware built for that board. I’ve looked through the schematic for clues regarding the “debug console” and found a reference to “debug console” coming from the STM32 microcontroller. I’m optimistic it’s the same “debug console” mentioned by Andrew Tridgell in his “Flight Board Hacking” message. I’ve purchased a Black Magic Probe in hopes the SkyViper supports SWD (Serial Wire Debug) on its “debug console” port.

UPDATE: The microcontroller in the SkyViper is STM32F427VIT6 in LQFP100 package. For single stepping with gdb the relevant pins on the STM32F427VIT6 (LQFP 100-pin) are 72-PA13 (SWDIO) and 76-PA14 (SWCLK). Pins 72-PA13 (SWDIO) and 76-PA14 (SWCLK) overlay JTAG Pins (JTMS) and (JTCK) respectively. I had no idea. Yet another of Andrew Tridgell’s very helpful videos showed him connecting directly to the microcontroller pins for JTAG debug.

QUESTION: Does anyone know if there are probes for STM32F427VIT6 in LQFP100 package? The pins look very small. In the old days chips had pins big enough to attach probes. At least it’s not a BGA package with the pins on the bottom.

I updated my previous message in this thread. Here’s a photo of the STM32F427VIT6 microcontroller (used in the SkyViper v2450GPS) relevant to that update.
34%20PM

QUESTION1: Does anyone know if there are probes for STM32F427VIT6 in LQFP100 package? The pins look very small. In the old days chips had pins big enough to attach probes. At least it’s not a BGA package with the pins on the bottom.

QUESTION2: Do updates to existing messages/post go unnoticed by other contributors to the discussion? In other words does an update to an existing message not trigger an email regarding the discussion?

Not an email. If you tag specific people, or someone replies directly to your post (versus just replying in general) then they will get a notification, but you have to come to the page to see the notification…although there might be settings for getting emails.

so for the most part, unless someone checks the thread, they may not see an updated comment, unless they have clicked the “follow” button on the thread.

If you tag a person’s handle like this @Vincent_Randal then they’ll get a notification.

Vincent, the pins ARE very small… The probes are based off of this design: http://www.mechano.co.jp/products-img/puc-c.html and are called MECHANO JAPAN FP-7S probes.

At the moment, I can’t recall where I got them, but it was a company in Texas, and they had a minimum order requirement of $350 o_O

Needless to say, we ordered a bunch for us and Tridge!

thanks @lordneeko. I was tagging Tridge for awhile but he is VERY busy (I looked at his github totals 10,000+ commits) Dang! So I stopped tagging him. I will eventually find answers in the ArduPilot community like everyone else.

thanks @Matt_M. I ordered this probe kit from Pomona Electronics:
https://www.pomonaelectronics.com/products/test-clips/micro-smd-grabber-test-clips-holding-rods-and-kit