@rmackay9 thanks for making it run!, looks like I put the parameters in the wrong place? I attempted cherry picking but it went abit wrong I think because you had re-based and I haven’t, I attempted a rebase but ended up just opening a new pull request.
I have now got the acro code working for the heading and pwm wind-vane types. It performs exactly as expected on the stand, unfortunately not had time to go and test it out today, should be able to try it out tomorrow. The only change from before is that now it sheets out all the way when disarmed, this also meant I had to swap the way the throttle controls the sail in manual. Now minimum throttle is sheet fully out (@David_Boulanger is this the convention?) otherwise you end up sheeting in all the way when you want to be slowing down to disarm and when you arm the sail has to traverse from full out to fully in.
as for the analog potentiometer wind vane I haven’t got much further than buying the potentiometer, I got this one https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/6930746/ . It has a fantastically smooth action but does take quite abit of force to turn, I guess we will have to use quite a large ‘flag’ to get it to move in light wind. I found this design and the plan is to adapt it https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:952978 I think i will try and make it abit smaller and mount it on a something at the front of the boat and see how we go from there.