S-Bus not detected on Pixhawk with FrSky X8R

PPM and S-BUS is not 100% the same?

They are not the same format but they both go into the same connector on the Pixhawk.

Probably the IO part of the pixhawk is really faulty.

It is almost certainly not faulty. Out of a few thousand Pixhawks we have sold, we have yet to see a faulty input except for users who have over voltaged the input (a couple of people have put 16V battery voltage and damaged the input). We have had >50 people who have had difficulty getting the IO firmware loaded because of confusion about the process.

Thanks, hopefully I am part of the >50 people, but i still do not undertsand what i could do wrong if correctly connected to RC and if it works with a NAZA. My dealer confirmed it works with a Futaba s.bus receiver, so it should work with frsky x8r… But what am i doing wrong. I hoped somebody could share his eepe taranis setup, but had no luck with that so far…

I’ve received a PWM to PPM transcoder and that works, but that’s not really how it should work. I am still wondering what is going wrong with the X8R (bound it mode 4, taranis in D16 with Ch out 9-16) that s.bus is not working even with trying with 2 different receivers… I a totally puzzled now.

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Wait a minute: do I understand right that your Taranis is configured to output channels 9 to 16? If yes, that would explain you see nothing in the radio calibration window of mission planner. Try with your Taranis rf configuration set to output channels 1 to 8.

Hey did you ever get this figured out? I have the same problem. I bought a FRsky Sbus receiver so I could have a better failsafe set up than my stock Futaba receiver. But I can only get channels 1 &2 working. What is really odd is all the channels show up as working in the radio calibration. I too ordered a Sbus to CPPM converter but it shouldn’t need it.