RTL Crash using 4.1.0 beta1

Ah I see, that’s why I’m always looking for copter ESCs even for planes. They can be easily set via BLHeli passthrough and even have telemetry. It’s getting more and more difficult though to find good single ones, as almost everyone is now using 4-in-1 ESCs on copters.

Your right about the small number of single BLheli esc’s available .
The problem is much worse if your looking for one rated beyond 40 amps . Initially I had a lot of trouble connecting to BLheli32 esc by going thru FC .
I gave up and now connect using arduino based physical interface .
Not as convenient as using ardupilot and flight controller but I’m into fixed wing with single motor so it’s not a problem .
If you know of where I can find a better selection of BLheli32 capable large esc’s let me know . Some of those I’ve seen use proprietary software (APD) so I want to stay away from them unless you know for sure they can be flashed with BLheli32 and work .

I have this one ready for a 1.5m wing (in case I ever get around to actually building it…):

There are also cheaper versions with less amps. Note that I haven’t tested it yet, but I’m confident it’s a decent product. iFlight’s reputation seems to be quite good.

On a 10" copter (also not flying ATM due to rework) I have 4x Lumenier 51A (sic) BLHeli ESCs with telemetry, but I couldn’t find those anymore on the web when looking for something for the wing.

Well, if the situation gets any worse in the future, I can still build 4 bigger planes from those 4 Lumeniers and replace that one with a 4-in-1. :wink:

Just saw this

Skip to 03:10
For some reason it seems similar to what my AR Wing did when I hit RTL, but instead it went down right after RTL got triggered.

I don’t think is the same, the arrow to home is pointing all over and RTL is trying to follow it.

1 Like