RFE: reconfigure arming switch and override via rudder arm

The current setup with safety switch does not work for me.
I want my servos to work on the ground (without the motor) and arm the motor separately.

There would be 2 ways to do this:

1. allow for all servos to work at power up and use the safety switch as an arming switch for the motor

2. allow the rudder arming to override the safety switch not having pressed after a boot.

3. This is because I want to check my servos/stabilize mode on the ground without arming the motor

4. I walk across the field to set my plane somewhere safe for takeoff, walk back, arm remotely with rudder, and then I’m told I can’t take off, and have to walk across the field again.
    Worse: if I get an in filight reboot, my plane will keep on flying for a while, but I’ll never be allowed to rearm or control my plane, giving a guaranteed crash that would have been avoidable.

[quote=“marcmerlin”]The current setup with safety switch does not work for me.
I want my servos to work on the ground (without the motor) and arm the motor separately.

There would be 2 ways to do this:

1. allow for all servos to work at power up and use the safety switch as an arming switch for the motor

2. allow the rudder arming to override the safety switch not having pressed after a boot.

3. This is because I want to check my servos/stabilize mode on the ground without arming the motor

4. I walk across the field to set my plane somewhere safe for takeoff, walk back, arm remotely with rudder, and then I’m told I can’t take off, and have to walk across the field again.
    Worse: if I get an in filight reboot, my plane will keep on flying for a while, but I’ll never be allowed to rearm or control my plane, giving a guaranteed crash that would have been avoidable.[/quote]
    Done in 3.2
    copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduco … FETYENABLE

Thanks badzz, for some reason I never got an update from this board when you replied, but I did find out about BRD_SAFETYENABLE

Thanks to all involved.