Revo-mini / PPMin pin incoherent with documentation

Hi,
I followed these intructions : http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-openpilot-revo-mini.html
to flash arduplane3.9.1stable on my CC3D revo-mini board.
I notice 2 problems now :
1- no PPM input detected (I tried both RCinput1 and RCinput2)
2 GPS not detected (I tried both RCinput5&6 and FlexiPort with proper configuration of SERIAL3/SERIAL2)
I reflashed LibrePilot to check and everything works fine with LibrePilot16.09 (hardware works well)
I used arduplane.apj from http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Plane/stable/revo-mini/
Thanks

PPMin doesn’t work on Pin3 (according to the documentation)
but on Pin5 of the RCinPort (like for the normal -not mini- revolution board)
=> So, This pin can not be used for GPS as described in documentation. GPS works fine by using FlexiPort (and SERIAL2 parameters)

(Voltage sensor tested successfully by using the PwrSenSonar port and Batt_Volt_Pin=12 as parameter)

Hi Mric,
I have a Revo (not mini) and I can’t get the RC signal (SBUS) from and FrSky receiver whatsoever. Yours is a mini, but did you have to do something special to get it to work (in pin5 as you mention), or it just worked out of the box?

Hi Nicolau,
I’m using PPM on Pin5 (just working out of the box)

but I didn’t test SBUS.

Try with my settings (parameters file attached) : ports assignement changes with SERIALx_x parameters.

I’m using GPS@SERIAL1(MainPort), MinimOSD@SERIAL2(FlexiPort), (SERIAL3 ready for Mavlink telemetry, all other SERIALx are desactivated), 5 PWM out (PWM out port) for this powered glider.

Good flights !

Mric

CC3DminiRevo_Zest.param (14.1 KB)

I finally got it clear. I post it here (a bit late though, sorry) in case someone lands here…

On a Revo (not mini), you want to connect SBUS input in pin number 7 of the RC IN port. That is, GND-VCC-X-X-X-X-SBUS-X-X-X. Note it is different than the RevoMini.

respective wiring diagrams and pin maps have recently been added to the revolution(mini) hardware page.

cheers, basti.