Replacement for broken 3DR Compass/Gyro

Is there better equipment out there, or significantly cheaper sources for the Leah-6H GPS and HMC5883L compass? I’m flying in the US, so I’m not sure if Glonass support would help at all. Basically I have a broken GPS/Compass unit and am searching for the best replacement. Any tips or advice is welcome.

Thanks.
Brian

I’ve just switched to this - csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=180

So far I have a lower Hdop and more satellites locked. On the 6 I used to get between 7-11 sats and an Hdop of 1.8

Now I get 14-17 sats and an Hdop nearer to 1.2, Loiter is VERY stable.

anyone come across a case for the neo-m8 version or at least the 3dr version?

Banggood.com had a plastic case that looked like it was trying to copy the 3DR external compass case.

Thanks, MarkM. Any tips on wiring that thing up? I guess I just need a wiring diagram for the stock DR one I have so I could see how to change things up. Some tiny wiring connectors wouldn’t go amiss, either.

edit: Just noticed a 10cm 6-wire JST lead on that CSG Shop site. Probably not long enough, but I could hack the 25cm spare set of leads I have. Disconnects at the GPS and at the Pixhawk just seem convenient, but I suppose aren’t necessary.

Looks like most enclosures out there are way too small for this particular GPS board. I did like this homemade one, though:

bot-thoughts.com/2011/03/che … osure.html

[quote=“haygood”]Thanks, MarkM. Any tips on wiring that thing up? I guess I just need a wiring diagram for the stock DR one I have so I could see how to change things up. Some tiny wiring connectors wouldn’t go amiss, either.

edit: Just noticed a 10cm 6-wire JST lead on that CSG Shop site. Probably not long enough, but I could hack the 25cm spare set of leads I have. Disconnects at the GPS and at the Pixhawk just seem convenient, but I suppose aren’t necessary.[/quote]

My bad I put the wrong link up!

drotek.fr/shop/en/home/512-u … mpass.html is the one I have and I was caught out by it as it uses 2x 4pin jst connectors (1mm pitch iirc) all 4 pins for the GPS and 2 of 4 for the compass.