Reading Settings through Dataflash logs?

Is there a way to access settings like PIDS and Paramaters though a dataflash LOG?
I had an accident with my pixhawk board and pretty mutch fried it, making it impossible to connect to PC and read any settings, however they were really important and having them would save alot of time. Are they stored anywere else besides the FC itself?
Thanks in advance.

The first several hundred lines of log files are a listing of all the parameters active during the logged flight. If you open a log file with a text editor you can delete all the lines that arenā€™t parameters, then save with a ā€œ.paramā€ extension. You should be able to load it using Mission Planner. Iā€™ve done it a couple of times. If you have an existing .param file of some sort you can open it also with a text editor to compare the lines and make sure you donā€™t have any extra lines or missed some.

2 Likes

Thanks alot for the reply! However in my case opening the file with notepad (I assume thatā€™s what you meant by text editor, right?) gives results like those:
COMPASS_MOT2_Z Ā£ā€¢Ā)ā€ŗ
, COMPASS_PRIMARY Ā£ā€¢Ā ĀŸ
, COMPASS_OFS3_X Ā£ā€¢ĀĀ°Ā£
, COMPASS_OFS3_Y Ā£ā€¢Āļ£ŗĀ§

meaning I cannot read off any of the settings. Is there a particular text editor that works well?

Thanks once more.

Opening a .log file in notepad should let you see all the parameters.
A snippet from one of my .log files (havenā€™t got a .bin file handy to try) -

PARM, COMPASS_USE, 1.000000
PARM, COMPASS_AUTODEC, 1.000000
PARM, COMPASS_MOTCT, 0.000000
PARM, COMPASS_MOT_X, 0.000000
PARM, COMPASS_MOT_Y, 0.000000

OK I had not converted the .BIN to .LOG, now after convertion I can read the Parameters, however they are in different format than the one in .param files. They have two extra collumns on the left side like so:
PARM, 738965713, SR0_RC_CHAN, 0
Impoting the converted file in the above format didnā€™t work either. So I decided to manually copy&paste each parameter value to pixhawkā€¦ 1hour in halfway there .