RC Failsafes and RC Overrides

Testing occurred with 4.1.0beta5, but none of the changes through to 4.1 stable look like they would have fixed this. I’m using a Taranis Plus ACCST with failsafe mode “No pulses”. This behavior is present even if the overrides are being cleared (i.e., messages with all “chanX_raw” fields set to zero are being received).

With RC overrides disabled via the bit in RC_OPTIONS, RC failsafes do not move control surfaces, but do prevent the aircraft from entering RC failsafe.

With RC overrides disabled via RC_OVERRIDE_TIME = 0, RC overrides do not move control surfaces, but do prevent the aircraft from entering RC failsafe.

With RC overrides disabled via RCx_OPTION = 46 and the associated channel in the low/disabled position, RC overrides do not move control surfaces, and do not prevent the aircraft from entering RC failsafe.

With RC overrides disabled via RC_OVERRIDE_TIME = 0 AND via RCx_OPTION = 46 and the associated channel in the low/disabled position, RC overrides do not move control surfaces, and do not prevent the aircraft from entering RC failsafe.

With RC overrides disabled via RC_OVERRIDE_TIME = 0 AND via RCx_OPTION = 46 and the associated channel in the high/enabled position, RC overrides do not move control surfaces, but do prevent the aircraft from entering RC failsafe.

This seems like undesired/confusing behavior; if the overrides are prevented from doing anything, they shouldn’t be able to suppress the failsafe. Ultimately, I’d like to achieve the behavior where RC failsafe (from the controller) is respected regardless of RC overrides. Is there a way to configure this in the current system?