QuadPlane not working in RF9

Hi All

Have been using ArduPlane and ArduCopter with RF9 on a Windows machine and SITL on another Linux machine. Works fine for Plane and Quadcopter.

Problem: When I try to run QuadPlane, nothing seems to respond? i.e. No data is being fed back to Linux machine. I also can’t seem to hover the model in RF9.

The command line I use is: sim_vehicle.py - f quadplane flightaxis:10.0.0.198 --map --console

In RF9 I am using Big Stik QuadPlane APM - rev7_AV.RFX

any suggestions?

Fanman

you will have to also load the big stik params, i think -f quadplane loads the default quadplane params each time, better to run from the plane directory with . ./Tools/autotest/sim_vehicle.py -f flightaxis:10.0.0.198 --map --console

Thanks Peter. Its strange, when running plane it works perfectly. When I include the “quadplane” switch I can’t seem to get a connection with the RF9 Windows machine.

When its running normally in plane I see the following message:

SIM_VEHICLE: “/home/mark/ArdupilotCode/ardupilot/Tools/autotest/run_in_terminal_window.sh” “ArduPlane” “/home/mark/ArdupilotCode/ardupilot/build/sitl/bin/arduplane” “-S” “-I0” “–model” “flightaxis:10.0.0.198” “–speedup” “1”

when it runs abnormally in quadplane mode I see this:

SIM_VEHICLE: “/home/mark/ArdupilotCode/ardupilot/Tools/autotest/run_in_terminal_window.sh” “ArduPlane” “/home/mark/ArdupilotCode/ardupilot/build/sitl/bin/arduplane” “-S” “-I0” “–model” “quadplane” “–speedup” “1” “–defaults” “/home/mark/ArdupilotCode/ardupilot/Tools/autotest/default_params/quadplane.parm”

Some where along the line the flightaxis model isn’t active?

Loading the new param file has no effect unfortunately.

cheers

Fanman

Try specifying it like: -f quadplane --model flightaxis:10.0.0.198
I haven’t used RF with ArduPilot before though so not sure about this

Adding this since that’s what seems to be missing from the command you’ve used in the first post

Rajat, you’re a legend! it works now. Command line should be:

…/Tools/autotest/sim_vehicle.py -f quadplane --model flightaxis:10.0.0.198 --map --console

thanks

Fanman