px4fmu standalone

Hey everyone,

Essentially I want to know if it is possible at all to get my quad to fly using only the px4fmu. I am trying to add a new flight mode, but I can’t even get it to fly manually because I don’t have the px4io board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

You used to be able to see copter.ardupilot.com/wp-content/ … Uwire1.jpg

But I cannot find the instructions on the site anymore

[quote=“billbonney”]You used to be able to see copter.ardupilot.com/wp-content/ … Uwire1.jpg

But I cannot find the instructions on the site anymore[/quote]

I actually just found that same picture yesterday, but thank you! I have yet to figure out if my connections are the same, but I believe they are. I have read else where that some people got it to work by using an older version of the firmware, but I really would like to use the most recent one. Should this set up work for all versions of the firmware? If not, what is it about the newer firmware that doesn’t allow the px4fmu standalone to work?

Thank again :smiley:

If you are serious about making the changes required to get the code to run, you could post your question on drones-discuss. see groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/drones-discuss

There was a comment recently the PX4FUMv1 was failing to build but that may have been fixed

here you go web.archive.org/web/20141221173 … ly-wiring/

from The Internet Archive

[quote=“billbonney”]here you go web.archive.org/web/20141221173 … ly-wiring/

from The Internet Archive[/quote]

Thank you! At least that confirms that the later APM’s do not support fmu only. Any idea on how I might work around this?