Servers by jDrones

PX4Flow BeagleBoneBlue Issue

(Shrey Malhotra) #1

Hi,

I’m trying to setup PX4Flow with BeagleBone Blue. I am running the Arducopter build for BBBlue.

I can detect the sensor using i2cdetect -r 1 and also via the @ppoirier’s PX4Flow-Python-Test (Github Repo).

32%20AM

58%20AM

However, I can’t see opt_m_x and opt_m_y changing in Mission Planner.
I have changed FLOW_ADD to 1 to match the i2c line, but not sure how the mapping works.

The PX4Flow is being powered by the PDB directly.

Thank you

(ppoirier) #2

The adress should be default (0x42) and the bus is 1 , as defined correctly in linux board

Do you have a rangefinder ? This is necessary in order to get the OpticalFlow working

(Shrey Malhotra) #3

Changing the FLOW_ADD to default 0 doesn’t work.
Still no change in opt_m_x and opt_m_y.

I have a TFMini Range Sensor connected to serial and it works. I can see the range sensor working in Mission Planner but not the PX4Flow.

(ppoirier) #4

Just to make sure, you use the good connector and pins :wink:

(Shrey Malhotra) #5

The connectors look okay since the BBBlue can detect the PX4Flow on I2C and your python script is reading the values.

https://discuss.ardupilot.org/uploads/default/original/3X/2/9/29ddbe125651dee1b95bc51198861162a80b9b60.png

I have a feeling the mapping from BBBlue I2C-1 is not same as HAL_OPTFLOW_PX4FLOW_I2C_BUS 1

What do you think?

(ppoirier) #6

Yeah , thats right the test works…
I will give it a try later this week

(Shrey Malhotra) #7

Any luck with PX4FLow with BeagleBone Blue?

I found this for BBBlack -

I2C0: used for some on-board components (HDMI, EEPROM, power mgmt). Not brought out to any connector/header

I2C1: entirely free to use, but doesn't seem to be enabled

I2C2: entirely free to use, and works

NOTE: In software, the busses are numbered differently; I2C2 is identified as 1. I2C0 is identified as 0.

Do you think this is the case with BBBlue too? Maybe the I2C-1 is identified as 2.

(ppoirier) #8

The exposed I2C is BUS 1, but it seems that it cannot map within ardupilot even if the definitions is good. Looks like a Bug, I will dig deeper.

(ppoirier) #9

OK I just builded a Blue from master, and it works

This is release ArduCopter V3.6-dev (13b56d58)

(Shrey Malhotra) #10

I compiled Blue from Copter-3.6 branch and I can confirm it works. Thank you for the help.