PSC_ACCZ_FLTD Function

Thanks, I have the same feelings.

The MatekH743 Mini becomes very hot when is powered on and not armed, then when in flight the temperature drops a lot.

I did the IMU temperature calibration and this helped but didn’t completely fix it.

1 Like

No noise on your throttle but it looks like you have some significant high frequency noise so you may be suffering from aliasing messing things up. We have seen this sort of problem in other aircraft with high frequency noise sources.

@Leonardthall Interesting, It’s not the best IMU (9250) but is that really excessive?
Below is another Quad without issue (bottom graph) and it does not look much different.

Is there a Spectral analyser for Arducopter like Betaflight Black box viewer has?

For the IMUs - yes https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-imu-batchsampling.html

@andyp1per Thanks, I’ll take a look

4.1beta2

There are no notch filters

Not quite sure what your point is?

My point is I don’t see much noise on the IMU do you?

Aliasing is where the noise is near the sample rate and it looks like an offset near zero Hz rather than high frequency noise. The only way you can see it is to increase your sample rate and logging rate. So you may try increasing your sample rate.

The effect is similar to the bias problem that Randy was talking about. I would chase down Randy’s suggestion by looking at temperature compensation. (I think that is in there now but I am not sure)

I see nothing strange other than a weak ALT hold performance really and I have that much better now.
I’ll know more when I test these other Quads whether I’m just expecting too much and I’ll feedback my findings.
Thanks

Has there ever been a solution to the initial altitude drift? I have the same issue with the DPS310 baro. Extreme drifting in the beginning and then a stabilization and after some time the drifting begins again.

It could be high frequency noise which amplifies the issue but it is also happening on the desk away from noise sources and it does not happen using the MEAS MS5611 barometer with Ardcuopter 4.0.7.