Porting arduplane to arduino Due

Hey,
I am trying to port arduplane to arduino due and use it for hil with flight gear before I invest in an actual ardupilot board. I believe this would give me a good insight on the working of the arduplane. could someone tell me how to add arduino due (arm cortex m3) to the apm hal boards list and do a hil simulation on the due. I believe I would have to add a CONFIG_HAL_BOARD type and configure it to use arm toolchain with the due library. waiting for your inputs. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

@legendkiller,
Have you considered the size of the compiled code? I do not believe that a Due has sufficient memory to hold the firmware.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

the due has 512 kb of onboard flash and i think the apm 2.6 using atmega 2560 has only 256kb. so it should be ok right? or am I missing something. in any case, do you know how to port the ardupilot to a new board. any pointers would be useful for me.

@legendkiller,
I was thinking of a different Arduino. You are right and it should work.
Regards,
TCIII GM

So u have any idea on how to go about on the porting…??

@legendkiller,
Unfortunately I am just a Systems Developer with limited knowledge of the firmware. I know that some members on DIY Drones have ported the Ardupilot firmware to other Arduino Platforms. You might try searching over on DIY Drones http://diydrones.com/
Regards,
TCIII AVD

Unless you’re an ace with arduino porting and already have it this sounds like a ton of work for no benefit to me. You can buy and APM clone which should be ok for HIL for around $40 these days.