Plane 4.0 release

Tested the 4.0.1 B1 and still bootloops …

It is fixed in master. The fix will be in the 4.0.1 final release

1 Like

I have a fport receiver now, and plan on working on supporting the protocol. It won’t make it into 4.0.1 though as it is a fairly complex protocol to add.

2 Likes

I don’t have cameras setup on my F765 board, but looking at the schematic I think it may be that we support this already as the pin is already setup as a user controllable GPIO which can be used as a relay pin. Can you please try the following:

• set RELAY_PIN = 82
  • set RC7_OPTION = 28 (can be any free RC channel)

that should give you control over pin PE15 which is the camera switching pin.

Similarly you can do this:

• set RELAY_PIN2 = 81
  • set RC8_OPTION = 34

and RC8 should then give you control over pin PE4, which is the Vsw power switching pin.
Please let me know if this works. If it does we should add it to the docs.

1 Like

@palm369

Please which bug is this exactly? Thank you

Yes – Matek confirmed to me this already works and I have tested it. See post.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=42805113&postcount=81

1 Like

Thats really awesome!!!
Unfortunately I am not able to test it this week because I’m out of town but knowing that it is confirmed is a huge step forward and it only proves that this matek F765 is a great FC along with Arduplane on it
Thanks!!!

I have a problem since I updated to 4.0. When setting the Amperes per Volt value in Battery monitor 2. I write the appropriate value but it is not fixed, when I open it again it is empty.

If I modify it from parameter BATT2_AMP_PERVLT, it also appears empty

Pixhawk2
Planer Mission 1.3.68

BATT_MONITOR = 4
BATT2_MONITOR = 4
BATT_VOLT_PIN = 2
BATT2_VOLT_PIN = 13
BATT_CURR_PIN = 3
BATT2_CURR_PIN = 14

Would it be possible to choose if the OSD is seen when activating the second camera on a Matek F765?

I have installed the second camera looking back on the plane and I don’t need the OSD in that camera.

I know that I could put an OSD panel without data and select it, but it would be easier being able to select whether or not the OSD is needed.

A greeting.

You can assign a switch to a channel, choose an OSD screen from the 4 available, put it blank and than choose it when you want to have a blank osd screen… thats simple… otherwise, as you will need to assign a radio switch to switch the camera you want, you can program a special function on the radio to switch to a blank osd screen when you choose the back camera andthan choose the info osd screen when you choose the front camera.

I’ve just released plane 4.0.1. This is a minor release with a few bug fixes and enhancements over 4.0.0. Changes are:

• Added Q_ASSIST_ALT parameter which offers a way for VTOL assistance at low altitudes
  • fixed channels 5 and 6 on the MatekF765-Wing
  • fixed a bug with sending data on a full UART in mavlink parameter download
  • fixed use of UAVCAN primary GPS with UART secondary GPS
  • fixed failover between rangefinders of same orientation
  • added RC option for TAKEOFF mode
  • fixed logging of current on secondary battery monitors
  • fixed register checking on DPS280 for mRoControlZeroF7
  • added clock panel to OSD
  • fixed B/E led brightness on Pixhawk4
  • support RTCM injection to UAVCAN GPS for RTK support
  • fixed an RC failsafe bug that could cause the geofence to disable
  • fixed a bug in the SDP33 airspeed driver

Thanks to everyone who tested the 4.0.1 beta release!

Happy flying!

2 Likes

I understand you and I know what can be done, but my problem is that I only have 12 channels and all are busy, if I have to use a channel just to change panels, it is a bit absurd. If the function I request, could be implemented, we would save a channel for those who do not use more than a single panel. Greetings

Hi,
first, thanks for the continuous development of this fantastic software.
My question: I’ve installed plane 4.0.1 release but I don’t find the TAKEOFF Mode in the Flight Mode list.
Am I missing something ? Is it a parameter to set in Parameter List/Tree only ?

Corrado

It’s there, update Mission Planner to latest Beta.

Hi Dave,

thank you.

Greetings

Hi,
Have you checked how the auto takeoff procedure of the MyFlyDream autopilot works? Would be great to have something similar for hand launch.

Hi Corrado- I have enabled Takeoff mode on a Nano Talon but only tested int indoors with no props and in the SITL. The props spin up from throwing acceleration so it should work. Weather is bad here to try it for real. I think if you have it working in a mission it will work as a mode.

While it is possible that updating MissionPlanner will help, what you probably need to do is tell MissionPlanner to rebuild it’s parameters. Open the Control-F menu, then select “Param gen” (it is 7th down on the left side). Then leave MissionPlanner running for a couple of minutes. After that restart it and you should find that TAKEOFF has been added.

4 Likes

@tridge Can you write a guide for Porter,I want to learn how to using ICE,or just SITL?