Plane 3.9.5 release

The ArduPilot development team is pleased to announce the first beta of the 3.9.5 release, 3.9.5beta1.

The changes in this release are:

• fixed orientation of 2nd IMU for OmnibusF7V2

• fixed LEDs on Pixhawk4 and Pixhawk4-mini

• fixed safety switch on Pixhawk4-mini

• improved robustness of microSD support under ChibiOS

• support insert of a microSD after boot but before logging starts
    under ChibiOS

• added BRD_SD_SLOWDOWN parameter to allow microSD cards to be run at
    a lower clock to improve reliability

• fixed VTOL takeoff in quadplanes to ignore latitude/longitude in
    the mission item and always takeoff vertically

• added CubePurple (also known as PH2Slim) builds

• added DrotekP3Pro builds

• RC protocol decoding for SRXL, SUMD and ST24 extended to all boards including pixracer and ChibiOS-only boards

Happy flying!

Does this beta fix

ChibiOS: detect stuck I2C bus and clear on timeouts

yes, that change is in this beta. My apologies for not mentioning it in the release notes

1 Like

Hi
in parametrs " Batt_FS_LOW_ACT" have this options: 0.None 1.RTL 2.lLnd 3.Terminate but in http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/parameters.html additionaly there is 4.Qland option.

1 Like

could be one of two things,

1. Your not on the latest mission planner so your param descriptions are not up to date.
  2. The wiki descriptions are built off master so maybe that option is not in the stable release yet.

my mission planner is up to date.

Use control-F then the “param gen” button. Then wait four minutes, then restart MissionPlanner. That should get you the new parameter docs.
Cheers, Tridge

1 Like

I have released 3.9.5beta2, with the following changes over beta1:

• fixed EKF yaw reset in quadplanes

• fixed bug handling corruption of DSM RC protocols

• fixed internal amber LED on CubeBlack

Happy flying!

1 Like

I’ve now released the final version of 3.9.5. The total list of changes for this release over 3.9.4 is:

• fixed orientation of 2nd IMU for OmnibusF7V2

• fixed LEDs on Pixhawk4 and Pixhawk4-mini

• fixed safety switch on Pixhawk4-mini

• improved robustness of microSD support under ChibiOS

• support insert of a microSD after boot but before logging starts under ChibiOS

• added BRD_SD_SLOWDOWN parameter to allow microSD cards to be run at a lower clock to improve reliability

• fixed VTOL takeoff in quadplanes to ignore latitude/longitude in the mission item and always takeoff vertically

• added CubePurple (also known as PH2Slim) builds

• added DrotekP3Pro builds

• RC protocol decoding for SRXL, SUMD and ST24 extended to all boards including pixracer and ChibiOS-only boards

• fixed CAN on Pixhawk4

• fixed EKF yaw reset in quadplanes

• fixed bug handling corruption of DSM RC protocols

• fixed internal amber LED on CubeBlack

• fixed stuck I2C bus on ChibiOS (affects some airspeed sensors)

Happy flying!

5 Likes

Hi all,

I’m running an Omnibus F4 v3 controller on a small wing. Firmware version is AP 3.9.5.
I’ve set THR_MIN at 25%. When I engage FBWA with throttle stick down the motor starts running.
I checked this in Mission Planner Tuning screen and when engaging FBWA it appears THR_MIN is output to my throttle channel.
I’ve always assumed throttle has full manual control over the entire range in FBWA flight mode.

Is this supposed to happen?

Best regards,

Jan Willem
The Netherlands

I have installed 3.9.5 NuttX on my VTOL tricopter & Pishawk2.1 but sometimes testing at home with a minimum number of satellites reached and no red messages on HUD, appears on the messages tab “EKF yaw reset …”

1 Like