Plane 3.9.2 stable release

Hi Gabor,

I’m not sure, perhaps a loose connection between flightcontroller and aileronservos causes the crash.
Normally 100 µsecs decrease in aileronservo output are sufficient to immediately stop a right turn of your plane.Take a look at the short right inputs:

At 10:23:58 the roll angle increases from the target value. From there on, even 1200 µsecs are not enough to reverse the rolling direction !

Wing flex is a possibility, the airframe certainly had been pushed up to a very high speed (around 35m/s at the time the roll became uncontrolled). It quickly got to over 40m/s after that.
I can’t see any other explanation than those offered above. You could have lost a control surface, or the control surfaces became ineffective due to too high airspeed.
If this ever happens again then reduce throttle to zero. In the log the throttle is kept up near full until the aircraft is well past where it could recover.
Sorry I can’t be more helpful!
Cheers, Tridge

1 Like

Hi got issue i cant work out ESC calibration on plane
refer to next post

The ESC calibration page in MissionPlanner is for copters, not planes
Cheers, Tridge

well that explain it
thanks for that
:shushing_face:
so have do the old way its a twin there’s about 1300 Rpm differents
and i think this is why it was pulling to the right in auto takeoff

ok last plane to update to ChibiOS this one a petrol engine with a Cube

under chibiOS looks like the I2C bus is locking up after 3 min
on the I2C bus 1 i have Airspeed and a external led going to i2c splitter to the port on the cube
also i have 2 here gps with the leds on the second gps wired up as well
all works fine under nuttx just not on ChibiOS
but if i pull out the airspeed sensor from the bus and reboot it all the leds work

hi Colin, I’d like to delve into this with you.
To start with, can you please test the ‘latest’ firmware? We have updated the ChibiOS build in master, and it may resolve the issue.
If that doesn’t resolve it then either myself or Sid will need to reproduce the issue, or you will need to get us a logic analyser trace.
Cheers, Tridge

Hi buddy i will do what i can
will going test it now

1 Like

sorry took a little long i had an issue with all the rain new river in my backyard lol
anyway i put 3.9.3 beta 1 ChibiOS build same stop after 3min
so i put 3.9.3 beta 1 Nuttx works fine

The 3.9.3beta does not have the new ChibiOS firmware in it.
The firmware you need to test is the ‘latest’ fw, here:
http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Plane/latest/CubeBlack/
Cheers, Tridge

@yak-54 to explain a bit more, the “point” releases like 3.9.3 are deliberately kept to minimal changes. We try to avoid major changes like updates to the ChibiOS version in a point release.
The 3.10.x release will have the next ChibiOS version. I’d like to work out if it will fix this issue for you. If it will then I will look at backporting some changes from the new ChibiOS version to the 3.9.x release.
Cheers, Tridge

Yep got it
V3.10.0-dev ( 3803684C )

ok the this time gps2 and external led goes off and the air speed not working
but if i pull out the airspeed all the leds start flashing
its an 4525DO pressure sensor

does it still happen after 3 minutes or so? Or is it immediate.
Also, once you unplug the airspeed sensor, what happens if you plug it back in again?
Finally, does the airspeed sensor work correctly when you boot the NuttX based firmware? ie. are the airspeed readings reasonable when you blow into the pitot?

thanks. @bugobliterator will try to reproduce this on the same hardware next week. If we can’t reproduce then we may need you to get a logic analyser trace.
Cheers, Tridge

from music to leds stay on and airspeed stops about 1 min ( 48 yellow flashes )
if i Unplug the airspeed leds start flashing again
if plug it back in the start flashing and the air speed work and by blow into the pitot all works
for 3 min or 94 flashes then the gps2 led and external led go off but the Gps 1 flashes all the time
all works fine under Nuttx V3.10.0-dev ( b5c9e19 )

ok, thanks for testing!
Do you have a logic analyser? I’d be very interested to see a trace on the bus. If you don’t have a logic analyser then would you be willing to get one? Cheap ones are about $20 on ebay. There are much better ones though if you are willing to pay more. I’d highly recommend the Saleae ones:
https://www.saleae.com/
there are cheap Saleae clones, but they are not nearly as good as the real ones.
You would then need to use Y-leads or similar to allow looking at the I2C bus traffic while the problem is happening.
Is that something you would be interested in doing?
Cheers, Tridge

i be glad to help out for the work you and the others are doing

will this one do the job ?

thanks!

yes, that should do it. You’ll need to solder up some cables so you can connect to the GND, SDA and SCL pins of the I2C bus while it is running.

All good should have by weekend if Aussie post don’t stuff up :thinking:

moved plane-3-9-2-stable-release

Can I load parameters from 3.7.1 to a new board with 3.9.2 without tweaking anything? I remember 3.7 to 3.8 there was some parameters to check, maybe now there are more.
Thank you