Plane 3.9.1beta release

Hi Tridge
Awesome work with the new version, blheli pass-through updates are especially welcome.
I am having some trouble with getting the DO_VTOL_TRANSITION way-points to work properly though, when I program a transition from fixed wing to mc, the aircraft does a very aggressive stop before hovering back towards the previous way point.
Tlog here so you can see exactly what I mean https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B_uyg_347tCGKlTB_gRE7Kr-EBryIWBa/view?usp=sharing

more tailsitter stuff for you

Awesome job as usuall Tridge

In 3.9.1 beta, disarm made full throttle !
On Chibios on Omnibus F4 pro v3 + Dshot 600 blheli S (Racerstar v2 40A) and bidirectionnal motor enable.

Log available here with full thr when disarm
00000002.BIN.zip (550.1 KB)

Ok found ! Arming require to 2 solve the problem. Forgot to adjust rc3 min and trim properly but reverse thrust was rewrite ? Ch3 percent output looks different !
Reverse -100 to 0 = 0 to 50%
Normal 0 to 100 = 50 to 100%

Edit : solved wrong params

I’ve now released 3.9.1beta2. This is a the second beta for the 3.9.1 release, which is a minor update over 3.9.0. This release includes the following changes:

• increased default buffer sizes in dataflash for some boards

• fixed a bug with small dataflash buffers

• updated OSD with new items: hdop, temperature, waypoint, xtrack, flight distance, flighttime, efficiency (thanks to Hwurzburg, vierfuffzig and sh83).

• reduced memory usage in serial buffers

• adjusted some default parameters to give a better first flight experience for more users.

The default parameter changes are:

• RLL2SRV_P from 0.6 to 1.0
  • RLL2SRV_I from 0.1 to 0.3
  • RLL2SRV_D from 0.02 to 0.08
  • PTCH2SRV_P from 0.6 to 1.0
  • PTCH2SRV_I from 0.1 to 0.3
  • PTCH2SRV_D from 0.02 to 0.08
  • TECS_PITCH_MAX from 0 to 15
  • NAVL1_PERIOD from 20 to 17

The PID parameter changes won’t affect anyone who has done some tuning, but will make the first flight experience for a new user be alot better for nearly all aircraft. Paul and I decided on the values based on experience with users flight logs, plus the experience users have had with AUTOTUNE mode.

Please report testing results!

Happy flying

5 Likes

Cannot arm in 3.9b2 because the Bad Logging error.
Omnibus F4 PRO V3
Terrain Disabled.
LOG_BACKEND_TYPE=1
LOG_BITMASK =65535
LOG_FILE_BUFSIZE=4
Reformat SD with 2 passes

Can ignore logging in arming check and fly it?

QStabilze/Hover/Tranistions and FBWA works well on the tricopter vectored VTOL

Regards Rolf

Rolf, do you have better control in LOITER?

I think you mean QLOITER ?
QSTABILIZE and QHOVER works well. I can test QLOITER this afternoon (UTC-TIME).

Sorry , I wanted to say QLOITER

“It is the new loiter controller from Leonard, inherited from the copter code. It does a better job of smoothing out transitions, as well as providing better pilot control in QLOITER mode.”

Was this a problem in the first beta?

QLOITER with 3.8.5 does it perfectly. But this week I will install 3.9.1 and try again to see differences and I will also comment.

Regards
Atico

Stable “Q_Loiter” with this beta…

2 Likes

What is this new bar on HUD? FC temp?

hud

FW 3.9.1 beta2 CHIBIOS >>> transitions & Qloiter OK

Hey @tridge I dropped 3.9.1 beta2 on a pixhawk1 last night and noticed it overwrote my PIDs to the new defaults from what they were before. I thought this was only supposed to happen when it was a fresh install? Did I misunderstand?

edit: Disregard, it looks like my PIDs got reset to default sometime ago. I wonder if this happened during 3.9.0 beta testing. I have no way to verify because logs prior to that got wiped, so, let’s just not worry about it.

it only does that if you haven’t changed the values from the defaults.
Cheers, Tridge

I’ve just released 3.9.1beta3. This is the third beta for the 3.9.1 release, which is a minor update over 3.9.0. This release includes the following changes:

• fixed a critical safety issue found by Oliver Volkmann, and fixed by Michael du Breuil. The problem could lead to quadplane motors starting on reboot

• fixed a bug where RC failsafe could lead rudder input stuck at the last rudder input value in some modes. Thanks to Michael du Breuil for the fix

• raised OSD thread stack size to 1024 (needed for new OSD items)

Thanks to everyone who is testing the 3.9.1beta series!